tbriese is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default want to try sugarpeass

what is the difference between the side snap and front snap sugarpeas? other than sizing sytem that is...:-) i want to try this dipe based on many people loving them and just want to make the most informed decision. thanks!!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: want to try sugarpeass

I prefer front snap dipes because I don't worry about the wings laying flat against Colin's skin. SP size 1 dipes are great - very popular around here. Size 2's are more hit or miss, but I doubt that your babe is anywhere near a size 2 yet.

The SP side snap dipes are pretty decent (for side snap dipes) and quite reasonably priced if you get them through the outlet at www.sugarpeas.com. I like these in the bigger sizes much more than I like the front snap size 2's (in fact, I just sold off a few of my front snap size 2's and have a few more to move out of here).
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

pritchettzoo Guest

I love the side-snapping velour-lined Sugarpeas. The seem more absorbant than the front-snapping, but I could be hallucinating.

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
    and One More (coming July '05)

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Actually, my side-snapping Sugarpeas hemp fitted also seems more absorbant than the front-snapping hemp fitted I think it's because the front-snapping tends to droop on DD, and as she is a stomach sleeper, there's not as much diaper to absorb everything? Who knows, but it also seems more soaked than the side-snapping dipe.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
    http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtic...4.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 11 months and counting

I like the side snappers, but I like side snappers better in general. I have a very chunky baby, though. When he was Naomi's age, I had several sugarpeas size 1 front snap dipes which fit great! They didn't have the side snap ones. Why not order a front and a side snapper? Twice the fun! I'm sure a small side snapper would fit for a while, as would the size 1 front snapper.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

tbriese is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

thanks ladies :-)! i like the idea of trying both types... my sister gave naomi a "gift certificate" for christmas and i think i'll use that :-)