steph2003 Guest

Default Boudreaux's Butt Paste - does it stain or not?

I did a search & a couple threads indicating that it stained CDs. But when I looked on www.nuturedfamily.com (I was intrigued about the microterry soaker inserts Julie posted about) they have Boudreaux's on their site under diapering accessories w/other CD products which would make me assume the two would be compatible?! Of course ya should never assume nothing which is why I'm hoping you ladies can give me a definitive answer on the topic.

We use Burt's Bees but lately have horrible rash issues which I am attributing to all day long poops & I *think* one year molars? Anyway, Burt's is getting $$ & I was lured in by Boudreaux's 1 lb. tub!

Default RE: Boudreaux's Butt Paste - does it stain or not?

I'm pretty sure it has cod liver oil in it, and if it does, it will stain! However, even Burt's, applied generously enough, gets stuck on the fleece of my nighttime pockets. I keep meaning to scrub it off with dishwashing soap...
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

I have not noticed stains from using it- BUT I am careful to always use it with fleece liners, to keep it off the diaper itself. (Except with the PFs, but those are washed by the diaper service- and they seem able to get *anything* out of those diapers). I figure, even if it does stain, and it gets on our diapers, no big deal! They are diapers, after all- and Boudreaux's Butt Paste works very well for littleman.

Have you tried Triple Paste? It doesn't stain, and works really really well on rashes.
    Kit

Littleman 10/03, Mr. Sweetcheeks 08/05, Babyman 11/07

steph2003 Guest

Tarah
    so glad you mentioned this because I have noticed a bit of residue from Burt's on some of dipes but figured it was something I *must* be doing wrong since I'm such a rookie with this cloth stuff!!! well I feel like it most days anyway.

steph2003 Guest

I need to hunt some Triple Paste down - maybe tonight I'll have time to run out! I keep hearing about it but have no personal experience.

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

They have a 1-lb tub of the Triple Paste for $20 at Sam's if that helps any.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
    http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtic...4.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 11 months and counting

tbriese is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

steph,

i have used butt paste for a couple of weeks now and haven't had any stains. the label doesn't list cod liver oil but then the only one that does is desitin...go figure :-)

A&D also has cod liver oil.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

toomanystrollers Guest

Some of our older dipes have some real nasty stains from Butt paste :(
    We stick with Burt's Bees and triple paste.