walmin22 Guest

Default Need help with daytime CDing

I’m new to CDing! I started in Feb because I was having problems with leaks at nighttime. Now I’m hooked! At nighttime I use either a large HH pocket stuffed with one HH micro terry insert and one HH stuffins (hemp) with the oval insert or a large FB with one Mother of Eden micro terry insert and one HH stuffins with oval insert. Oh yes my little one's butt is huge but it works for my heavy wetter!

So now I would like to CD fulltime. I would like something that is trim but absorbent for the daytime. Or is that an oxymoron? If it makes a difference my son is a big boy. He just turned 9 months this week and he is in 18-months clothes (with room to grow).

Thanks.

Mary

Mommy to
    DS#1 3/28/2004
    DS#2 8/16/2005

mommyoftwo Guest

Default RE: Need help with daytime CDing

Do you want to do pockets or fitteds with covers? I wouldn't recommend AIO's if you have a heavy wetter. I personally like fitteds and covers because you have an extra barrier to prevent poopy leaks. My favorite fitteds that are accessible are bijou baby gear(www.bijoubabygear.com). Jamie will be opening up to customs on Tuesday. Her prices are incredibly reasonable and her diapers are nice and trim. Sam's fitteds (www.momandmepouch.com) aren't too bad, but Jen is closed to customs right now and probably will be for a while. Peewells are slightly bulkier but not too bad and are quite absorbant. They are my choice for naps usually. They are only available on hyena cart and they go really quickly, but you can usually find them used on www.diaperswappers.com or www.diaperpin.com. Finally, I love cherry bomb baby fitteds, but Andrea is pregnant and due in a few weeks and won't be taking customs for a while. Again, if you can find them used, I highly recommend them. If fuzzibunz work for you, you might get some of Liza's (lizajane) inserts. They would make for a nice trim pocket diaper. I have a drybees pocket and it works well and is nice and trim. Swaddlebees pockets are super trim, but I don't personally have any. Those are my thoughts for now.