scoobysnackz Guest

Default Problem with diaper crystals leaking at legs

Hi. I have a 21 month old son who is very tall for his age, nearly 37 inches and over 33 lbs. Anyway, over the last week I have had a problem with the side of the diaper, near the leg hole, splitting open, causing all of those nasty diaper crystals to pour out. We were in Luvs size 5, so I thought maybe he had grown out of them. I bought size 6's yesterday but have had the same thing happen 2 days in a row!!! The diaper has only been on him for less than 2 hours! The only thing that has changed is that I have had to use Triple Paste diaper cream and an antifungal cream on his bottom with every diaper change due to a yeast infection he developed. Could the Triple Paste be causing this problem or do I just have some defective Luvs diapers? Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks :)

Jodi

Mom to Aaron -- 21 months

Default RE: Problem with diaper crystals leaking at legs

We use cloth, not disposables, but I'm answering anyway. :) We use Triple Paste, and its mostly zinc oxide, so I doubt that is causing the problem. I would call Luvs (there should be a phone # on the bag somewhere) and ask them about it. If nothing else, I bet they'll send you coupons. It sounds like a diaper issue to me. GL!

Allison
    Mama to DD 11/05