Default PT: time to advance?

It was a rough summer with a colicky DS, so DD's PT went "down the toilet!" Anyway, we're getting back on track and just today had her out in public in undies only. She had a small accident in the bathroom about an hour ago, but otherwise has been great today. She's down for a nap now, so I just threw on a PullUp OVER her undies, because she still tends to wet when asleep, but I want her to feel the wetness if she does go.

To all you experienced moms, once you go to undies, do you ever go back to PullUps or whatever? Should I just make a clean break and demand undies all the time (except overnight)?

When do we start PTing overnight? Her overnight Huggies is soaking wet when she wakes in the morning (she sleeps 12 solid hours usually)... How do we do it?

THANKS!
    ~ Lenore
    Mom to Acadia (9/04) and Boden (6/07)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Once I knew we were doing PT full time, which was after a few good naked days, I never did a Pull-Up during awake times. He did get one for a nap, but stopped napping shortly after PTing. He's been fully daytime trained for over a year, but only since last week has he done nighttime. In fact, I bought overnight Pullups because he was soaking his pjs. But, he decided he wanted to wear underwear at night now. He had 6 dry mornings and 1 wet morning (today), so pretty good overall.
    Kris

Default PTing at night

Great! So, once your little one decided to wear undies at night, the peeing stopped? I just assumed that they would wake up to pee instead (hence waking you up) or you waited until they stopped peeing at night... I wasn't really aware they could just NOT pee if they wanted to! And it being a year later, that's also great to know!

Hmm... good stuff to know. Thanks again!
    ~ Lenore

Quote Originally Posted by downwarddog
    Great! So, once your little one decided to wear undies at night, the peeing stopped? I just assumed that they would wake up to pee instead (hence waking you up) or you waited until they stopped peeing at night... I wasn't really aware they could just NOT pee if they wanted to! And it being a year later, that's also great to know!

Hmm... good stuff to know. Thanks again!
    Okay, I wasn't super clear. For the first 3 nights, he woke up about 1-2am and went to the potty on his own. He did not wake us up for it. The next 3 nights, he didn't get up at all. Last night, he woke up after peeing in bed about midnight.

I'm not sure what to expect long term. We're a little more stringent on cutting off liquid now than we were a week ago, too. That should help get him through, I think.
    Kris

Talking PTing at night

Thanks for clearing that up!

My next question is this: my DD sleeps on the 1st floor, we are on the 2nd floor. Logistically, I'm wondering if we should tell her to just call out to us (hopefully not waking our infant next door to her) to wake us to help her to the bathroom (next to her room), or if she could just do it herself, or if we should put her potty IN her room to start out with. Since I haven't done this yet, I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious which would make my choice clear as day.
    ~ Lenore

I don't know. Maybe put her in easy pajamas that she can do herself and see what she does? I was surprised that DS just does his thing on his own. I don't know he's up until I hear the flush.
    Kris