zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Chic Papoose -- AMAZING customer service! and a *gorgeous* pouch!

i just have to enthuse here -- jennifer at www.chicpapoose.com went way above and beyond service -- and it was for a 'seconds' sling! i was toodling through this forum and on a whim hit the link in another post, and WHAM! there it was. fate. i could not have designed a more perfect sling for us -- the "Molly" a reversible 'oilily' colors duo in orange & fuchsia with a pretty sari-like trim. at a 'seconds' price! i was first impressed that jennifer personally went and picked out the one that had the least noticable variations. the fuchsia side has a subtle stonewashed or hand-dyed look. it's cotton with a bit of stretch and a linen finish. very lightweight. it is the most compact sling i've had.

it was waaaaay too big for me :(. so she had her seamstress cut down a M to a custom small and it was on the way to me before i could even try to figure out how to get my measurements right! sure enough, still too big. within 24 hours she somehow managed to find a first run XS from stock and that was here in a flash. PERFECT! i really don't think of myself as an XS and wouldn't have thought to go that route. only because she went that extra extra mile do i have the sling i love.

the slings are packaged very prettily and professionally with a lovely little embroidered logo -- tied up in tissue with festive raffia and a little card. proceeds go to heifer international.

if you like the molly, she says there are only a few left, so grab em while you can. it's a great deal IMO at $40 free shipping (regular price is $52 + $5 shipping). she says there's a pretty new 'molly' coming in january: same trim on a chocolate brown twill, polkadots in the current molly colors for the inside. say, won't that coordinate nicely with those new 2005 maclarens...

here's the one available now:

[img src="http://www.chicpapoose.com/scans/chScanMolly.gif"]

Default RE: Chic Papoose -- AMAZING customer service! and a *gorgeous* pouch!

That one is just beautiful.

I have a Chic Papoose (someplace - it's buried in a box) that I bought when Sophie was young. It NEVER properly fit me - and I exchanged it with Jennifer also. I agree, that she was great about getting back to me, and sending the replacement one out. She didn't even charge me - did it on the honour system.

I probably could have remedied it with tightening it by lugging out my sewing machine, but I never got around to it.

Oh well.

-m
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

ooooh. gorgeous! Don't tempt me, though! I have now purchased 3 carriers in the past 2 weeks. DH is not happy to say the least! :P But this one is on sale... hmmmm.
    Caroline

quikeye Guest

I can't agree more about the great CS @ chic papoose-- I bought a chuck sling in XL early on in my pregnancy, and figured since I'm more of an XL type girl in real life, it'd fit when I got around to not being preggo. Fast forward like, 8 months or so (!!) and a squirmy baby later, the pouch was WAY too big when I tried it the 1st time. I contacted CP, not really thinking I'd get anywhere... Jennifer exchanged my pouch for a regular, shipped it to me BEFORE I shipped mine to make sure the sizing was right on the regular (so I didn't have to send 2 back in case it didn't fit), and also said if the stock regular didn't fit, she'd work it out with her seamstress to get a better sizing.

The regular fits like a glove, and is always with me in the stroller (since I know ds likes to be worn more than ride for long periods), for trips to the ped or whenever I need to get DS in & out of a sling in a hurry, and when I feel like I want everybody checking out my little forward-facing buddha-bear :) It's pretty much all I used for a sling in summer, and I find myself zipping up a jacket around us in winter & we're ready to go. I always get compliments on the style/fabric as well, and it's definitely a cherished item here.

With a product like a non-adjustable sling, it's so important to get a good fit and it's really super working w/ CP to get it. And they're soooo cool looking too... reversible as well!

Okay, going on too much, but ZB is totally right about their CS, and it being an awesome pouch! :)

jenifyer Guest

I'm new here and after reading all your wonderful comments about the chicpapoose i am going to order one! I had a baby bjorn with my last baby who is now almost 3 and it was so uncomfortable for me. My back was always hurting. I am going to try this and hopefully it wil be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.....