smomom Guest

Default Possibly the dumbest question ever asked in this forum....

Here's my stupid question..... what kind of diaper bag do you/can you carry when wearing a sling? I prefer a messenger bag, but is it possible to carry one with a carrier like a KKFAP? What do you do for a diaper bag when wearing your carrier?

Forgive me, as my knowledge of carriers is virtually non-existent. I have a Baby Bjorn that I used with Sage and it worked fine, but I am interested in some of the other carriers that I have seen mentioned here. I am wanting to look into another carrier besides my Bjorn because I'm not sure if I want to spend the $$$ for a double stroller for the new baby on the way. I may be able to make do with a carrier and our single stroller - but how do I carry a bag if I don't have a stroller with me to hang in on?

Thanks for humoring me. I am so non-savvy when it comes to carriers.

Default RE: Possibly the dumbest question ever asked in this forum....

not a silly question at all! I think messenger bags work best with slings. but you wear them over the non-sling shoulder, across your chest the opposite way. I use mine that way. backpacks don;t work, IMO.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

Laurelsmom2002 Guest

I use my skip hop, and it works ok, but for quick trips the pocket in the zolo works great. Mothers milk makes a pouch w/ a pocket- but i haven't tried it, their adjustable one is the one I have, its very well made

I think you are so smart to ask that question. I have been trying to figure it out myself as I haul my DS around in the KKAFP and push my DD in the stroller.
    I don't have a messenger bag tho I may try one. I generally use a backpack. It is certainly not perfect- slips off carrying shoulder a bit but we live in a 4th floor walkup and I find backpacks easiest even with slippage. Then when we hit street level I just hook the backpack on the stroller. It works- it has to. It isnt perfect but I so prefer the KKAFP over the bjorn that I will deal with a bit of slippage on the backpack.

One other note is that it is also a bit challening to fit a jacket over the shoulder with the KKAFP so I find I am using DH's coats this witner. They have more room in the shoulder/sleeve area.

Adjustments are made but itis all worth it for the coziness that my DS has in the KKAFP. He snoozes in there happily and even chills during a mommy and me class that I do with my daughter for 1.5 hours once a week.

Good luck!