Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Mei Tai : Now that I have one, how do I pronounce it??

I am terrible at translating because I always think in English versus chinese but a rough translation means "carry" and it is cantonese versus mandarin. You are correct in that the literal rough translation of the words are carry strap.

P.S. I just got a black silk Kozy in the mail to try with the new baby. It is beautiful. My mom had a friend make her one that she used with Alexander when he was smaller but I never did but I will have to find it and compare it to the kozy. I think the one her friend made is a traditional style from the old country but I haven't looked at it in a while.

Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
    and another peanut edd 4/21/05

Kate888 Guest

Default RE: Mei Tai : Now that I have one, how do I pronounce it??

Thanks Sandy! Yes, I think we finally solved the mystery :) It's pronounced "May Dye", just like your mom said, because it's in Cantanese.

Wow, I've been thinking about a Kozy, too. A silk one must be so pretty! I still haven't decided which one to get (like there is still much time). Kozy is a strong contender, as well as Kolamo, Sachi and Pack-pack (too cute). The ones from my country are usually factory made and not as pretty as the WAHM mei tai. I like the hand-made quality, but none of my families sew.

Kate
    Mama to Maya 2-17-02 and Polo (my big black dog http://www.mothering.com/discussions...milies/dog.gif
    and "baby bear" (a BOY) due 5-11-05

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2