newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Help / Advice needed re: Slings

I am due with #2 in January.
    I think I would like to try using a sling.
    I tried the Baby Bjorn with my son & found it awkward to use & really bothered my back.
    I know NOTHING about slings at all..so I am starting from scratch (should've probably started researching a little sooner).
    I am looking for something that is:
    Affordable
    Safe
    Comfortable
    Easy to use
    Any suggestions??
    Thanks!!!
    :-)

Default RE: Help / Advice needed re: Slings

Not a sling, but a stretchy wrap, specifically, Moby. It is all of the above, though you will have to give it some thought the first time you put it on. KKAFP (Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch) is also highly recommended, but I haven't tried it myself.

HTH

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My Dh uses the KKFP and it works well for him. It's easy to learn, and very snuggly. I thought it might be too hot in summer, but he doesn't feel it at all (we live in L.A). I started out with an Ellaroo ringsling which compared with market prices, is one of the more affordable ones. Very easy to use, very secure. You might also check out the new Mayawrap ringsling. The buzz out there is that it's very comfy, and also easy to use.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

lisamt123 Guest

I have a 6 month old son and I love Lucky Baby slings. They are really comfortable for me and my son Ashton and they come in really cute and trendy patterns. You can get cotton or the fleece is brand new (I love that one, because it has a slight stretch). It is basically a tube of fabric that has reinforced stitching along the seam for baby and it wraps around your body like a sash making a pouch for baby to lay in. My son is a little older now so he actually sits up in it and we do a belly to belly carry mostly or sometime kangaroo style so he can see whats going on. I feel like it is a great package to feel like I am doing what's best for my baby AND get to feel really stylish at the same time...you can't beat that!!! And the price is really reasonable...they range from $30.00 - $50.00. If you check www.piposhgear.com they offer free shipping discounts really often. If you check back it has them at least once or twice a month.