joannect Guest

Default Do I need another diaper bag?

Ok here's the scoop. Due with my first baby in Feb (holy cow, that's creeping up on me!:P)and I'm wondering if I will need two diaper bags. Many on the board have stated that they have a smaller one for quick trips and a larger one for longer trips.

In a fit of uncontrolled shopping (one of many) I got the Fleurville Alpha 7 bag in black corduroy. It's a gorgeous bag and has lots of storage/pockets, but of course I haven't had any real life use out of it yet. I did look at the Mothership bags, but they looked too HUGE. I've heard that the Mothership is more designed for moms with newborns and that the Alpha 7 is more for older babies/toddlers. While the Alpha 7 isn't a "big" bag, it isn't really a "smaller" bag either. Can it foot the bill for both since it's kinda in between sizes?

DH is already rolling his eyes when I mentioned I might need another bag (poor guy). The bubblegum bags in the larger sizes look good and are reasonably priced. Am I too obsessed with being prepared? Should I just wait to see what my needs are when DS gets here? Looking for accomplices to let me shop LOL!

TIA and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Joanne

cdlamis is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Do I need another diaper bag?

Hi Joanne,

Congrats on the baby!

In my opinion, your diaper bag will be ok for all your trips. This has worked for me but I am also the kind of person that likes to use just one bag and I don't like to switch all my stuff from bag to bag. I think I remember the size of the Alpha and it's a good size. You may go to a smaller bag when your child is a toddler.

I only have one bag (roughly same size of yours) and keep extra diapers, water, etc in the car for long day trips. Now if your day trip is all at one place (like the zoo), you may need a larger bag or a second smaller bag for food. I wouldn't get a second diaper bag though- just use a backpack or bag that you already own.

Hope this helps.
    Daniella
    Mom to Julia 6-13-02
    http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b32dc745c42b