Marissa Guest

Default What about consistency?

My 3 month old son's BMs are very liquidy, with hardly any solid matter. It's not diarrhea, and he looks and acts very healthy - is gaining weight too fast for me to keep track. Is it okay?

mandye Guest

Default RE: What about consistency?

I can't compare your son to my daughter because she has pasty (like peanut butter) diapers, but I can tell you that my niece is 6 months old and her diapers are still pretty runny. They are kind of like mustard. I would think that if he is gaining weight and is acting healthy you shouldn't worry. If it really concerns you, call the ped and ask them.

mandy

amp Guest

My son's poop can run from fairly solid to somewhat runny. As long as he's eating regularly and not showing any other symptoms, I wouldn't be too concerned. If you are still concerned about it, feel free to call you ped or speak to the nurse for reassurance on what is normal.

christie699 Guest

My son's BM's were mostly runny the whole time I was breastfeeding. Once you add solids to the mix, they'll firm up. :) If you're really concerned, talk to your pediatrician - I did, and he said they were fine as long as the baby was gaining weight.