ross.patchin Guest

Default 6 weeks and very stuffy....

My son is six weeks old, when he was two weeks old I took him to the doctor because he seemed stuffed up. They checked him out and gave him a clean bill of health - saying his nostrils are small and the smallest fuzz will cause him to seem stuffy. After four weeks and their recommendations of a humidifier and salt water nasal drops, he is still stuffy. He is the most stuffy in the middle of the night. We have two cats and a dog. Has any one had this problem? I am concerned he might be allergic to the animals, and if so want to remedy the situation ASAP. Any help or advice??

jbeamer Guest

Default RE: 6 weeks and very stuffy....

My DD became stuffy around 6-8wks. I read in a book that this is common, something with growing I think. Anyway we used a coolmist humidifier in her room at night. Every morning I would put nasal saline drops in her nose wait a few minutes and then suck everything out. This helped a lot. We also have two dogs. Now she is almost 7 months and there seem to be no allergies to the dogs. So hopefully your baby will grow out of it like mine did. Good luck.

Jen

ktdid74 Guest

Default RE: 6 weeks and very stuffy....

My dd had this exact same problem. We went so far as to go to an ENT doctor and he ordered an xray of her neck and head to make sure there was no obstruction. By that point I figured she would just have to grow out of it- whatever "it" was. Anyway, something got screwed up on the xray, we didn't go back to have it redone and within another week, she seemed to improve. That was at 3 months. So, it probably is just those tiny nasal passages and when he gets a little bigger, hopefully it'll clear up! One other thing you can try is proping up the head of his bed somehow. Mackenzie slept in a moses basket and I would put a towel under the mattress so her head would be elevated. HTH-