Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    sugarsnappea Guest

Default RE: Introducing

OMG- I don't know how I missed this post.

My DD Julia Grace (aka Gracie), is 27 months old. I guess I can stop counting in months soon. LOL! She was an extremely "easy" baby that slept well, nursed well and didn't have many issues. She is still a good sleeper, down to one 3 hour nap a day. But, now things are a little rougher for me. She is a wild child, who along w/ our 9 y.o. black lab, run the household. I never understood how a child could test your patience to the point of explosion and at the same time be the cutest damn thing in the world! This is really my favorite age. She mimics and repeats everything I do or say. It is so fun to be able to communicate and go on outings together. When my DD is good, she is delightful, but when she is dissatified... well you all know the rest of the story. ARGHHHHHH!

I am a SAHM during the week and "retiring" from my weekend catering business in 2 weeks. I am trying to obtain my MBA by taking weekend courses. I am happy the toddler bargain lounge was set up. Thanks! :)

christic Guest

Alice is 19 months now, so officially a toddler--although more of a runabout at this point. She's always been a very easy going baby, but is starting to show a a surprisingly charming stubborn streak. We named her after Alice Roosevelt after reading this quote from her father Theodore Roosevelt, "I can either run the country or control Alice. I cannot possibly do both." That was just the sort of spirited little girl we were hoping to have, and since our own professional obligations are much less lofty than President Roosevelt's, I think we'll be able to manage just fine.

Trying her avatar for the first time too.

Chris

lcl Guest

a little late to this thread...just wondering if jack is still a picky eater and how you have incorporated more foods. my DS is pretty similar. eats only a few foods. macaroni mostly and eats a lot of it when he's hungry (if we're lucky to figure that out).

he was also a colicky baby, but now a happy (always joking around) and high spirited active toddler. he loves music and dancing. he also has a lovey that he names "bear" (but it is actually a dog) which he drags everywhere. he can throws bad tantrums when he doesn't get his way.

he was a good sleeper from 3-13 months. now, the only way we can get him to sleep is to have him fall asleep in our bed and cosleep with us.

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I too am late on this, but here it goes!

The little man in my life is Anthony, who is close to 22 months old.

As a baby he was great except when it came to sleeping. We co-slept for 4 months exclusive then he got to the crib at 6 months old full time. It was a painful experiance. I cried, he cried it was aweful. I tried the CIO senario but don't you think 3 hours straight screaming is excessive (w/lots of back rubbing, singing, you name it I did it!), it was then I would give in. DS didn't sleep through the night either until 14 months old, go figure!!! It was at 14 months that we could actually put him to bed awake! He actually would smile when we would put him in his crib!~ Where was he as a baby???

Anthony is a happy toddler and although getting more assertive each day is a joy to be around! He loves bikes, cars and trains. Also he is obsessed with the Christmas lights which now have been designated as all year round lights! He is a gentle child over all and is very good with other children.

Me, well I work part time from home so I am a WAHM. I like to read, quilt, scrapbook and socialize :D. I also love to workout and try to maintain a healthy life style! I am so glad to count all of you as friends!

Yep, Jack is still picky. We've actually had a lot less time to worry about it lately since we have a 9 week-old new baby.

We deal with it by letting him have choices (sometimes) and other times just telling him "this is what we're eating tonight". We never give him something that we know he hates without other options. It's not worth the battle.

We've found that the best way to entice him to eat new foods is to have them on our plates. He's very curious about what we're eating and often will ask to try it. He won't always be brave enough to actually eat it, but we figure that expressing an interest is a good first step.

Sounds like our toddlers have a lot in common! Our "bear friend," btw, had to got the "bear doctor" a few weeks ago for a "body transplant," lol. It was literally falling apart and leaving bear droppings all over our upstairs.

Lisa

blnony Guest

I'm late to the thread as well, but here it goes anyways:

Audrey is 17 months and without a doubt she rules our household. LOL!
    She is so active and very physical. She can climb anywhere, literally. She is not afraid of anything. She has had some falls and spills, that have landed us in the emergency room, and a pediatric dentist for a crown on one of her front teeth. She has destroyed so many items in my home. Things that even claim to be toddler or child proof. She will tackle kids twice her size if they try and take a toy or something away from her. Daddy's offical nickname for her is "the firecracker." She's very bright and can figure out how anything works. She has decided that she hates to wear clothes and has figured out snaps, buttons, zippers and now Duct tape! LOL! At least 5 days a week, I walk in either in the mornings or after naps to find her stark naked, and her crib and everything in it wet. She finds this quite funny. I wish I could put a camera in there just to see how she does it.
    She isn't very advanced in the verbal skills department however. She only says three words. I guess all her time is spent on other projects. :)
    She has very little hair and what she does have is blonde, but she has very big vivid blue eyes. She looks nothing like me at all. I have dark hair and brown eyes. She got all the looks from her dad though, and its very weird how much they resemble each other; however, her personality she got from me, so I guess she's a good combination of the two of us.
    She has become a good eater though. We don't give her any fried foods or sugar, so I guess she doesn't know there is another world of food out there yet.
    She is still paci addicted too...only at naps or bedtime or if something traumatic has happened, which unfortunately happens too often.

Default RE: Introducing Matthew...better late than never!

Caught this thread a bit late as well...Not quite sure how I missed it!

My DS is Matthew, 19 months today. He is an intelligent, energetic, happy, sensitive and active little boy. He loves to play with anything that has wheels - cars, trains, and even doll strollers! Matthew has become quite the social butterfly. It is a welcomed change from his past introvert-like behavior.

Matthew is a good sleeper and always has been. If he is tired, he is off to sleep. I hope that continues into the future. He is a picky eater but is willing to try new things. I am able to sneak in some new foods every now and then.

He is overall healthy, despite being on the low end of the growth chart. His weight has been consistently low and we have had some trouble from our previous pediatrician about that. Switching peds was the best thing we could have ever done. We see an awesome ped now who thinks Matthew is fine just the way he is. I am glad that he told me not to worry.

My little guy is definitely a smart one. He has begun to count to 5 (it sounds something like it anyway!) and has learned how to operate our dvd player & vcr. :) He is picking up new words and skills every day. It is amazing to see how much he has grown over the past 1 1/2 years.

My favorite thing about my son is the fact that he is a sensitive little guy. He is quite affectionate as well and there is nothing better than little guy kisses. He loves to dote on our dogs and I hope he grows up to be as loving & kind a man as his Dad. I think my DH is a good role model. :)

Ok...enough rambling. That is my little guy in a nutshell...
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

lcl Guest

congrats! thanks for the advice. sometimes though if my DS does not eat enough for dinner he wakes up 1-3 am hungry for a bottle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3