Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mom2kandj Guest

Default RE: What kind of shoes do you buy???

Do you go to Nordstrom and try on shoes and if nothing works still buy a pair of shoes?

We do have our feet measured at the local mall store and usually end up at the outlet. In our case, we keep our name current on the mailing list and our local mall store sends us coupons every few months. We DO NOT ask for a fitting when the store is full of other shoppers and everyone is busy. When they send us a coupon or a fitting reminder, we go in. If there are any shoes that fit their feet and our price point, we buy. The Stride Rite in our area is very accommodating as far as fitting goes and I believe that they are just doing their best to uphold the brand whether we buy there or not. In an ideal world, I would love to be able to get their feet fitted and get a great deal, too. Alas, with my kids(3 pairs every 3 months), we continue to support Stride Rite, but need to stick to our budget also.

Rose
    mom 2 katie (33 months)
    & Jack (16 months)

cara1 Guest

Will they measure you at the Stride Rite outlet?

lvp49 Guest

YES!!

We were measured there just the other day.

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I usually get their feet measured at Stride Rite and get them one pair of shoes there. Then, with that valuable sizing info in mind, I buy the rest of their shoes at discout places like Norstrom Rack, Marshalls, and the like. I have a shoe obsession where the girls are concerned!
    -Lauren

webma Guest

I bought the brannock device for children that they use in shoe stores.
    It cost about $60 from Store Supply Warehouse Inc. catalog (1-800-823-8887)and measures kids feet until they are about 10 years old. I didn't like forking out the money for it but with 2 kids I couldn't see paying $40 bucks a pair primarily because it's hard to get their feet measured at cheaper stores. Now, I measure their feet at home when it's convienient and I also know when it's time to buy new shoes. You do need to watch out with cheaper shoes since just like clothes they may not run true to the labeled size.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3