Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: How much time do you spend reading to your kids?

Thanks for the good wishes you two! Honestly, I am feeling pretty yucky- I'd forgotten how awful "all day sickness" can be. I don't even want to think about what I've forgotten about labor! ;)

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I really think Gannon and Truman are cut of the same cloth! Truman HATED it when I read to him until just a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea what changed his mind about it, but now if there is a train featured anywhere in the book, he's into it. That being said, 10 minutes a day is about all he'll sit still for.

It's such a relief! I am also a big reader, and I was terrified that Truman wasn't going to learn to love books. Books are the one thing I will almost always cave in and buy if he asks for them.

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

toomanystrollers Guest

Every night, we spend about 15 mins. reading to all three. And during the day, I'll read whenever they like. Right now, Tess is spelling out every word she sees and asks me to tell her what the word says. When Shea and Neve nap in the afternoon, I sit with Tess and we play the "Think-it-through" tiles game from Discovery Toys. She loves the games and I believe it helps with early reading and math skills.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2