Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nigele is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: What

I let Tom help unload the dishwasher, too. One time, I had my back turned to put some dishes in the cabinet and when I turned around, he had somehow unscrewed the rinse aid dispenser from the dishwasher and was sucking rinse aid out of it! Eeek - fortunately he was okay but I really watch him now!

newbelly2002 Guest

I think there is a "Free to Be You and Me" song (am I dating myself too much here?) whose chorus seems entirely appropriate to this thread:

"And some kind of help is the kind of help
    That helping is all about.
    And some kind of help is the kind of help
    We all can do without!"

Let's see, my "helper"...

* Puts shoes back by the front door (also will take them out when he feels he hasn't been out of the apartment in the last 57 seconds)
    * Pulls out and puts away vaccum cleaner
    * "Tames" said vaccum cleaner by sitting on it,legs forward,like a sled
    * Does the dishes (Lisa: an art smock helps keep clothes dry!)
    * Removes all clothes from the hamper, let's call this "sorting."
    * Sweeps with the swiffer or broom (caused tears at an airport once when the janitorial staff refused to give him her broom, despite the fact that he signed "please.)
    * Puts apple peels that he doesn't want to eat, and that *I* don't want to peel, into the trash can.

And this is the best...

* Picks up *all* crumbs, pet hair, and general "fuzzles" to be found on the floor. He brings them to me, pinched between his fingers and sucking in his breath in a loud gasp while making a face as if to say: "EEK! MAMA! Look what I found!" To which I can't help but say: "oh no! Dirt! It couldn't be...." I'm just waiting until the day when he runs to retreive the vaccum cleaner to add insult to injury.

Paula
    Mama to Dante, 8/02

ChicagoMama Guest

I know it was a scary moment, but I am giggling so hard right now at your description of the moment that I'm waking up my little one. I'm so glad he's OK....and I guess now I know that they are capable of doing that at some point!!! Wow!!!
    Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/13/03

brubeck Guest

I love Free To Be You And Me too! I got it on DVD and now Amy watches it. What a blast from the past, especially the Michael Jackson part!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2