Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Maybe TMI but eek DS no joke gets, uhum freaky w/pillow

DS for the last month or more has gotten um to "close" to our living room pillows, or a blanket or whatever. He lays there and no joke humps the pillow. Now I know he is two and it isn't about sex but just about stimulation. I try to divert his attention and move him and tell I don't want him to do it. But I don't want to draw to much attention to it less he gets "encouraged" to do it more. Anyone else deal with this?

mamahill Guest

Default RE: Maybe TMI but eek DS no joke gets, uhum freaky w/pillow

I am so sorry - but I just about spit water over my screen when I read "gets, uhum freaky w/pillow." LOL! I don't have experience with it, but like anything else I don't want Ainsleigh doing, I try not to call attention to it, but give her something else to do. So it sounds to me like you're doing just fine. But thanks for the laugh!

So glad she has a girl and doesn't have to deal with this stuff,

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

SO glad to have a friend who can laugh at my expense! Yeah I hope not making a big deal out of it works. For what it's worth your responce made me laugh too!

Sarah1 Guest

Thanks for the laugh--"uhum freaky" cracked me up too! :)

I think Sarah gave you great advice just to ignore it. I'm sure the freakiness will pass (LOL!). The things these toddlers put us through....

sweetbasil Guest

Default More boy discussion- again, probably TMI

Julie,
    We're not dealing with that, but the mechanics of peeing are pretty interesting to Kellen. He waits until he's probably waited too long (read: erect) and then comes and tells me his pee-pee is hard and he wants it squishy again. Like I mentioned in the Baby Bargains Lounge in another male self-discovery thread (hee hee), he likes to announce it, and sometimes just drop his pants and show it!, to the world. My biggest fear is that he'll do this somewhere besides our home (or when we have guests)...I'd be mortified for sure.

I'm embarrassed enough when it's just us at home- I didn't grow up in a house with boys, so this is a whole new ballgame for me!

I just ask him to go into the bathroom and go potty, and make sure not to make any comments that encourage his, um, flaunting?!

kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

JulieL and Julie (sweetbasil),

I am just dying laughing over here! Getting freaky with the pillow and his pee-pee is hard and he wants it squishy again. I just cannot stop laughing! I had a girl first, so this in totally uncharted territory for me as well!

JulieL, I think you are doing the right thing by not calling attention to it. Julie (sweetbasil), I hope that Kellen doesn't do anything to embarrass you in public.

mamahill Guest

Default RE: More boy discussion- again, probably TMI

OMG Julie! That's hilarious! Isn't the innocence of children adorable? Wishing you embarrassing moments only when you're at home. With no guests. ;)

brubeck Guest

All I can say is that I'm now on pins and needles waiting for Andrew to become more expressive about this kind of thing.... :)

No advice here, but my sister's son did this too, but with his stuffed animal! just think of the visual. One day, my sister told me that he was crying in his bed, and she asked why, and he said his stuffed doggie wouldn't LET him rub it.

Don't have a boy, so this unfamiliar to me too, but I would talk to your friends who have boys. And to your husband. I am amazed at what i hear from my sister, but my husband confirms it all.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

kec2003 Guest

Oh, ha ha ha!! I was so happy to read your post!! My DS (19 mos) just picked up this habit a few weeks ago! After his bath I usualy put him up on the bed while he is still naked to put on his diaper and pj's. Well, one night he decided to have his way with the pillows.

First time this happened, I almost laughed out loud -- I had to go into the other room to collect myself. It is definitely all about stimulation -- he has no idea (pretty sure he hasn't seen anything mommy & daddy do that he shouldn't!) what he's doing, it just feels good. The few times this has happened, I usually pretend to be getting out his pajamas for a minute or whatever, not watching him, and he usually gets bored after 30 seconds. It hasn't happened this week, so I think the no comment/no action plan seems to work pretty well. Honestly, I'm not sure you'd even want to bother distracting him (unless it goes on and on!). When he is a teenage boy and spends LOTS of time in the shower, I plan to say nothing then, either. I want him to have the space for self-discovery without shame -- as long as he keeps it out of the public view!

A friend with four boys has 2 great rules for penises (I'm not making this up): Penises stay in your pants unless you are in the bathroom or your bedroom, and you may only touch your OWN penis! This second rule is apparently quite important when you have four roughhousing brothers around. Sounds quite sensible to me!

HTH,

Katharine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast