Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Does your toddler have a passion?

My 1yo LOVES music. She goes over to the stereo and signs music. I love to watch her dance.

My 4yo know so much about dinosaurs. He just soaks up any and all information about them. I love when he corrects the way I pronounce thier names.

What are your little ones passionate about?
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

Default RE: Does your toddler have a passion?

My oldest is 6 and is a horse NUT. All things horses is kind of her motto.

The youngest loves Bob from Veggie Tales. We read BOB books, watch BOB videos and she takes a stuffed BOB to bed. If she sees you pick up the remote, she dives into her favorite chair and starts saying, "Bob, Bob, bob?" LOL
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

sugarsnappea Guest

My 3 yo passion is rocks. She stops to pick them up everywhere. Here pockets are filled with tons of rocks. Last night she managed to sneak 5 of them into the house. She inventories them in the garage and freaks if any are missing. I hope this is a short-lived passion! :)

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My 3 year-old loves firetrucks and dinosaurs - she is not a girlie-girl! My 6 year-old has been completely dog-obsessed from the time she could speak - her bedroom is dog-themed, I think she literally has all 101 Dalmations, plus that is her favorite movie, she has more dog-printed shirts than any one kid, and she says she wants to be a vet when she grows up or work in a pet store - it's never ending! She made me throw her a Bow Wow Ball for her dogs and her friends that included a cake with sprinkles shaped like bones - it was a riot!
    -Lauren

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thomas the Tank Engine. Specifically, his buddy Henry. Colin loves anything Thomas (or generally train related). DVDs, books, toys, whatever. This kid could live on Thomas alone. And it's been that way for a good 4-5 months, so this isn't just a short little phase for us (like the Wiggles were)! Fortunately, railroading passion runs deep in our family!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

lukkykatt Guest

My younger son likes anything with wheels - cars, trucks, trains... That and hitting me and yelling "NO!" are his passions right now :)

My older son (age 4) loves music, geography and clocks. I have been learning geography myself, trying to keep up with him!

mamahill Guest

Drawing. Any and everywhere. God bless the MagnaDoodle inventor (see shutterfly link).

And babies - real and dolls. She wants to hold and kiss and rock and sing to any of them.

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sarah-
    That magnadoodle drawing is amazing! I'm so impressed that she can draw so well!! (And that dress at the end is really cute too!)

Colin's passions are balls, stairs (going up and down them) & books. We've recently realized that the transition to the church nursery goes far more smoothly if the caregivers pull out a couple of balls before we leave. It's all he needs to keep him happy. :)

brubeck Guest

Amy has multiple passions. Hats, coats, boots, gloves, anything to do with firefighters or what they wear. She also loves movies (she's never satisfied on this, thanks to my limitations on movie viewing) and swimming! And when we're outside I can always count on her to pick up flowers, rocks and sticks and want to keep them.

I know there are more. In fact I think it's the mark of a toddler to be passionate about EVERYTHING they do!

kec2003 Guest

Toddlers may be passionate about lots of things, but my DS is OBSESSED with all things with wheels, similar to poster from above. At eleven months, his very first baby sign was the hand motion for "wheels on the bus go round and round" made whenever he saw the bus in "Hippos Go Beserk." It then got extrapolated to big city buses, trucks, etc.

At 19 monnths our two favorite books are "My very first truck book" and "Richard Scary's Big Book of Things That Go". He can already identify and say roller, dump truck, street sweeper, digger, tractor, car carrier, fire truck, etc. We have, as one might imagine, an impressive collection of small wheeled toys, from age-appropriate Fisher-Price stuff to totally chock full of choking parts Hot Wheels cars, but he is in loooove (and fortunately, not so oral these days).

He's either going to be an auto mechanic, a speed racer, or an executive at Goodyear...

Katharine
    Christopher Finlay 9/6/02

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast