Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    abigailsmom Guest

Default RE: Does your toddler have a passion?

Lion King! She will absolutely freak if she doesn't geet to watch it. She also will pitch a fit if she is watching tv ans hears or sees a commercial! She is the only 20 month old that will sit VERY still for the whole movie! It's nuts!

She is also a fool for dogs... or bow wows as she says!!

hjdong Guest

Jamie loves, for lack of a better word, packing. He moves his toys from one container to another. The discovery of the clothes hamper was a glorious thing. He now puts his dirty clothes in the hamper, his clean clothes in the hamper, his toys in the hamper, and on, and on, and on . ..

raynjen Guest

Ack! I have a rock-a-holic too. I kept thinking, "this too shall pass", but it hasn't! My dad lives at the end of a 1/2 mile gravel road so when we visit Ogee she is in hog heaven, but we can never go for walks because she can't move two steps without picking up a rock. Even when she works with playdough she's always saying, "look, its a rock" over and over and....

When we were last in the states I took her to a rock/crystal store thinking that I could at least expand her horizons past gravel, but no, she headed straight to the basket of cheap rocks and started picking out the white ones. Now I am wondering when we next move if she is going to ask for a rock themed room!
    Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

sugarsnappea Guest

LOL! Last night I had to go thru the laundry while it was wet in the washer, to pick out all the darn rocks!

I have made a "no rocks in the house" rule, but she is just
    too sneaky. She hides them in her shoes and socks. Yesterday she told me there was one in the vacuum attachment. Yikes!!

newbelly2002 Guest

Pearls. In all shapes and sizes, attached in a rope, or scattered on the floor (30 minutes last night he spent collecting them from the pavement where the neighbor's 10 yr old had left them). Around his neck, his waist, and especially out and about where they match the red Mary Jane patent leather shoes he picks out every time at the shoestore. At least I don't have to worry about gender stereotyping.

That and the Nena kids' albums she released. The songs come on and he breaks into a I'm-so-crazy-in-love grin.

Paula
    Mama to Dante, 8/02

Two things - Books and Choo Choos!

He loves his books to the point that he actually sleeps with 5 of them. It is crazy. I don't know how there is room for him in his bed with all of the stuff he puts in there with him.

DS also loves trains. It is driving me batty. He sits with the Thomas catalog and looks through all the pages, pointing out the different sets and I am assuming selecting what he wants. LOL. He takes at least one train car with us wherever we go. He can spot anything Thomas related a mile away. Or train related for that matter. And he always yells out "Choo choo!"...

Then of course there is Elmo, but Elmo is beyond passion...Matthew is a stalker...LOL...
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

My 3yo is mostly into his trucks & trains plus water, that kid will be soaked within a few seconds of being outside if their is any water laying about, plus we have a shallow pond like area and he is always wading in it! x(

He also has a rock thing :D picks them up all the time, plus loves to throw them into the water laying about -however- that is deadly for the tractors so i'm always doing a rock pickup.

My 5yo you know now that you ask that question i can't pin it down to one thing, she is very much all over the place, she is quite active so loves to run, jump, climb so the outdoor play stuff she is quite fond of, she also likes to color and even go through books. Plus she'll get right in with ds on the water & mud and truck/train play.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

LOL, Colin and Matthew would have a blast together! Colin loves the Thomas catalog, too. He isn't talking much but knows the names of almost all the trains - he'll either point and we have to name the train (lord help us if we get one wrong) or we can say the names and he'll pick them out. Talk about cheap entertainment!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

smomom Guest

Doggies!!!! or, as he says it dog-GIES!

Sage is obsessed with our black lab and any other doggy that he sees! He loves balls and cars too - but nothing beats dog-GIES!

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Anthony loves all things that go: cars, trains and especially bikes.

Also he LOVES water. He askes for baths constantly and when he is being good I let him play with the water in the kitchen sink. Never seen a kid so happy before!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast