Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    raynjen Guest

Default What did you get for Mom's Day?

Hey it's 3:30 in the afternoon here, so I've had a chance to put Noelle down for her nap, enjoy my gifts, and now come online to see what you guys got :).

DH, whoops, I mean Noelle got me a pretty bag filled with nice things: three books, a DVD (Sleepless in Seattle), a large scented candle, and an assortment of Godivia (coffee, biscotti, biscuits, truffles, AND bars). I feel sooo pampered!

Hope you guys did as well!

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

Default RE: What did you get for Mom's Day?

I got a new vcr for the living room. We burned ours out when I had morning sickness---the girls watched a LOT of movies! :D

I also got a big bag of strawberry Twizzlers--they're a bit of a tradition and one of my favorite candies. :D
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Door knobs. (It is what I asked for.) We have not been able to lock our doors for 7 years because our doors take skelaton keys, and well it just doesn't work. My DH replaced the knobs with ones we can lock.
    http://mothering.com/discussions/ima...lies/shake.gif
    I know, I know it is crazy that we have never locked our doors.

I also go a little art project that my DS made at preschool and some flowers. My DH also took the kids to his Mother's so I could have some alone time.
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Well, I went to a spa last week and spent a beaucoup amount of money there, so that was sort of my gift to me. :) DH helped Sarah make a card for me this morning. I got to sleep in too. :) And Sarah made a very cute little card for me at preschool this week.

So nothing big, but honestly, DH and I don't get into these things so much. We usually don't even get each other anything for our birthdays or the holidays. Or we buy something for ourselves and consider that to be the "gift".
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

KathyO Guest

Oh, envy!! DH is a sweet, intelligent, generous man, but absent-minded doesn't even begin to cover it. So halfway through the morning, he says, "Oh, ummmm... happy Mothers' Day???"

Siiggghhh... I think that I shall go order myself a nice book off Amazon, and call that my Mother's Day present. DD made a decorated flower pot at the drop-in for Mothers' Day, but since she mostly dismantled it in the car on the way home, well... the pile of fragments left over isn't QUITE as charming as the original. Oh, well. Next year, right?

Living in hope,

KathyO

luvbeinmama Guest

Hee, hee... DH is NOT romantic, but that's okay. He got me THE poster from LOTR Return of the King! LOL!! You know... the one with Aragorn and the sword. I love that poster!

Of course, my birthday is coming up in another week, so that'll be the big celebration, anyway.

lcl Guest

a facial on sat. a surprise afternoon tea at a fancy hotel with my friends. we were picked up in a limo from our houses.

ds planted grass in a cup decorated with his picture and "drew" a picture for me in daycare

atlbaby Guest

I got a pair of cute pjs from the girls, and flowers from DH. Also, DH surprised me with a custom made ice cream cake from my favorite place (Tastie Delite for those of you who have them by you). I felt really pampered yesterday, it was wonderful! :)

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
    and Daliya Samantha, 10/27/03

DS had already "given" me a sunflower sprout (he planted the seed)with a card of cut-out handprints that he made at daycare, as well as a flower collage the teachers had laminated. DH let me sleep late, got me a really lovely card, a book, some daisies (my favorite), and a gift certificate to foot locker because I am in desperate need of new sneakers. We had a lazy day, hung out in the afternoon with friends and had take-out for dinner.

But my big mother's day surprise was my positive pregnancy test--how shall I put this? Completely unplanned, but not at all unwanted! I'm still in total shock. Due Jan 11.
    Hallie
    DS #1 5/02
    DS #2 1/05
    DD 8/09

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Congratulations! Mine was planned and I was still in shock for about a week so I'm sure it will take you a while to get used to it too! I can't think of a better way to celebrate Mother's day! That's great news!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast