Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: What did you get for Mom's Day?

I got a gift certificate to the spa at the hotel where we stayed the night after our wedding. I'm really looking forward to it! Plus, (and this is almost as exciting to me!) DH had FIL come over while I was out and they worked to fix a plumbing problem in the basement that has been bothering us for months!

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Congratulations!! I can't think of a better Mother's Day gift.
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

atlbaby Guest

Congratulations!!!! What an amazing Mother's Day present! :)

-Rachel
    Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
    and Daliya Samantha, 10/27/03

mamahill Guest

DH and Ainsleigh made crepes with various fillings for breakfast, and then filet mignon, some potato dish (rosti?), and a fresh green salad for dinner. DH gave me an orchid corsage to wear to church (he says he thinks it's cute that all the old ladies, and then I, have them). And I'm getting my first massage on Wednesday for an hour. I am SOOOO excited.

Big CONGRATULATIONS to Hallie!

cric is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I got cards... I told DH not to get me a present (but secretly I'm begingin to wish he had anyway for my 1st). I didn't get the biggest thing I wanted - lots of time with just the three of us. Am I supposed to shower MIL with our time, presents and DS for Mother's Day and Grandparents Day (I think that's a stupid Hallmark Holiday, but I'm sure she'll remind us of when it is)? Funny how he had to have a few things for him mom, but couldn't think of anything for me. He had said that he wanted to get me something small, but couldn't find the time. Um, thanks. The more I think of this today the more depressed I get. I didn't even get a picture of DS & I taken on Mothers day. I think there is only 1 other pic of us together in his whole albumn so far (we've taken a ton of pics thanks to the digi cam) - besides the few we took in the hospital.

Does this count as PPD? I'm practically in tears right now!?
    Lynn - mom to 2 boys, Aaron (2-04) and Nate (2-06)

raynjen Guest

Just remember - guys are NOT subtle they are very simple. Tell, him that you want a present, that it is HUGELY important to you that you are a mom and you would like him to help your children celebrate this fact. YOU should not be expected to shower MIL with time and gifts - if he wants to do that it is his perogative. I would tell him that you would prefer to celebrate Mother's Day with just the nuclear family.

Try and think of it as a compliment - he still thinks of you as his sexy wife and NOT as a 'mommy'.

HUGS

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

raynjen Guest

Congratulations and happy envy from across the ocean!

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

tippy Guest

Hi All,

Congratulations Hallie! And Lynn, I had my DS 16 mo ago and I would be depressed too! That is why I made sure I told my DH just what I wanted. He wanted us to take a long ride upstate and get some breakfast before taking another hour long drive up to his sisters house and I said nOOOOO I don't think soooo. Why don't you let me sleep in and then DS will get his nap in and THEN we can go to your sisters! Well he did and it was nice to catch some extra zzzzz's. (REALLY REALLY NICE! I AM SO SLEEP DEPRIVED!). When I woke up the apartment was straightened up, the dishes were done and I got some cards and a 100.00 gift certificate from Macy's. All in all a very nice day.:)

Thanks everyone for the good wishes!
    Hallie
    DS #1 5/02
    DS #2 1/05
    DD 8/09

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A Park Bench that I've been wanting for our porch for a long time (and had done more than hinted, "Look, honey. That's a bench like I want. And Mother's Day IS coming up..." about 6 times), Ds-decorated card and the bigger gift of Dh spending the entire Saturday working on the yard and putting in ground lighting. =) Wait until I tell him it means we can never move b/c I couldn't leave behind a Mother's Day gift. ;-)

Oh, and a pretty bracelet *I* picked out at a renaissance faire last weekend.
    Mother to one Angelic Boy (with a slightly-cracked halo)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast