Sarah1 Guest

Default Those of you who watch Barney....

Is anyone else annoyed that there is now a woman's voice recapping the show instead of "Barney says" DD doesn't seem to care, but this new woman's voice is really irritating! I liked it so much better when Barney told the kids what they learned!

OK, time for me to go get a life now :P

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Those of you who watch Barney....

Huh. I haven't watched any new ones recently. I may have to tape one of the newer ones just to see!
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

mamahill Guest

It hit me a couple days ago, and then annoyed me. I wasn't sure what the change was, but that makes sense. With Barney's voice, at least the kid cared. With that woman's voice, I feel like it's being condescending to me.

But that is far outweighed by the squeal of delight Ainsleigh emits when she sees it's on, accompanied by her running over and hugging the TV and saying, 'BARNEY!!!! Barney is so sweet! Eeeeeeeeee!" LOL

I noticed this too! It's like they are trying to educate parents about the educational value of Barney. While I think there are some neat lessons built into the show, we watch it because DD enjoys it and she likes to dance around with the kids. I liked 'Barney says' much better!

Lisa