Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    christic Guest

Default RE: How many words at 18 months?

If I'm remembering right Alice only had a dozen or 2 dozen words at 18mos and I think the ped was only looking for 6-10. My memory's a little hazy though. I definitely know that she wasn't putting together 2 word sentences until right before 2 and that at her 2yr appointment the ped didn't care how many words she had and was only interested in the sentences milestone. So I think you guys are well ahead of the game.

I love watching language develop! Alice knows lots of different animals but ALL birds are "duck" for some reason. She also likes to practice different sounds, especially "K", so she drinks milKKKKK and lets us know if she sees a trucKKKKK on the street or a ducKKKKKK in our yard.

tippy Guest

Ok, let's see, Dada, mama, nana, bandit (kind of) who is one of our cats and dat (that). That's about it. I asked the Dr this week at his 18 mo check up and he said not to worry to much. He asked if DS understood what I said and followed instruction and he does. He said this is very important and some kids don't speak at all until two yrs old. Said we could re-evaluate at his 2 yr check up but that I shouldn't worry. Not so sure about this but ds has been slow to do just about everything (just started taking his first steps without holding on at end of June when he was 17 1/2 mo old).

raynjen Guest

I was always fascinated by this too. It amazed me that DD knew that a sticker, a coloring book, the moving object on TV, the photograph on the fridge, the stuffed animals, AND the neighbor's pets were all dogs. They sure are smart little bunnies!

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to Noelle (2 2/3)
    Architect in a previous life!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2