Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sarah1 Guest

Default RE: 2 year old language development

>But I'm going to start vacuuming more in front of her. Maybe
    she'll start doing it...

Great idea, Sarah! :P

jubilee Guest

I also agree! I have two sons, and my first was a late talker and went through testing while my second son has a large vocabulary. Did I talk more or less with each... no, I'm sure it was the same. Just one needed more time to develop in that area. And on the other hand, my second son walked six months later than my first son. Children and their development are each so individual, even when they are raised by the same mom.

Torey Guest

Default Sarah- mamahill Congrats!!!

I just noticed your new signature line. Congrats on the new little one! I guess Ainsleigh will just have turned 3 right? Did you announce somewhere else and I just missed it? Well, anyway, congrats again. Hope you are feeling good.

Sarah, congratulations!! How very exciting!! Let us know how you are doing!!

Lisa

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Congratulations on your good news Sarah! I hope you're feeling well and have a great pregnancy!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Congratulations, Sarah!!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

jubilee Guest

Oh, just caught your sig line too! Congrats!!!! You'll have to start posting in Baby Bargains again then! I, for one, have missed you there. :)

mamahill Guest

LOL, thanks ladies! :) I just updated my signature, but didn't make an "official" announcement since I haven't been frequenting the baby boards as much (combination of a lot of travel, lately, coaching my brother's soccer team, some nausea and major fatigue this time around). So you are the first to know. Thanks for the congrats - it's starting to sink in that I really am pregnant (just over 9 weeks now, so fingers crossed that everything continues well)!

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default RE: August Mom--

I can't believe people would say things like that!! Goodness.

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

HI Julie
    Emily is 21.5 mths and doesn't talk. My ped referred us to the early intervention program and she started speech therapy. We only had 4 sessions and then moved but are now on a waiting list to start again.
    My sister thinks I'm mad to worry as all kids develop differently, my friend has a son who didn't talk until he was 2.5. There are lots of children who don't talk early but it's still easy to say don't worry but when children the same age are talking alot it still makes you concerned.
    This week Ems started saying psh (fish), mmmmmm (mooo) and baba (for sheep) so that has been exciting for us!
    It won't hurt to check hearing or go to early intervention (it's a free program but we had to call them not the ped) to see if she needs speech therapy.
    I so agree about the talking thing, really, do people think we don't talk in our house!! We read loads and I talk about our day, usual stuff I'm sure you are doing.
    I find if I say to her can you say...... she gets frustrated and turns away, so that hasn't worked for us. Oh yes, she can say no and does so over and over!!
    Good luck, as I keep telling myself, it'll happen when she's ready!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2