Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Safety ID or Tag?

I was just wondering if anyone has some sort if ID that their child wears? Since my dd is turning 2 this month I am more worried about her getting away from me at the mall etc (I also have a 9 month old, so sometimes my attention is diverted!) I don't usually let her out of the stroller, but I see that day is coming soon!

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Safety ID or Tag?

** Edited for typo**

We don't have an ID per se, but if DS is going on a field trip, or if we're travelling or somewhere super busy, we always put one of DH's business cards in his back pocket with our cell phone numbers listed on the back. Truman knows we do this, so I'm pretty sure he would give it to someone if he got lost. Heaven forbid!

DH gets really concerned about this. When he was three he got seperated from his mother for a couple of hours. To this day, he gets anxious when he talks about it. And he's very much the manly man, so it really drove the point home to me.

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

I don't have one but my mother pointed these out to me their was an ad in the "september child mag"

http://www.idonme.com

~Pamela Mom to the Trio Of Trouble http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/angels/newangel.gif

http://lilypie.com/baby4/010103/0/5/3/-6/.png

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We also stick a business card with cell number on it, in one of our children's pockets. We also talk about finding a Mom to help you if you get lost.
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

jubilee Guest

You could make her a necklace or bracelet with those cute little beads that have letters or numbers on them. A friend made one for her daughter and it just says "Olivia If I'm lost call xxx-xxx-xxxx." I think it cost her a few dollars to make it with supplies from a craft store. Her 3 year old likes to wear it, and happily no one has ever had to use it.

That is a cute idea, thanks for all of the replies!

JulieL is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You got me thinking and I did a google search on it and found this. I liked the idea so much I just bought one. I'll tell you waht I think about it when I get it. It cost $12.95 including shipping and engraving. What I like about it is unlike a bracelet my son hopefully won't be tearing at it to get it off.

http://www.ccnow.com/cgi-local/mfram...s_purchase.htm

raynjen Guest

I'm starting to worry about this as well, but my concern is what will stay on my toddler all day long? I don't want something engraved, we move and travel too often for that. My daughter wears all kinds of shoes that doen't have laces or velco (they just slip on, a necessity in Japan). A bracelet or necklace would get picked and pulled at. Anyone who has successfully integrated this into their toddler/preschooler's life?

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
    who is almost three, Noelle!

My sil just sent me this website where she's going to order ID bracelets for my twin niece & nephew who are 2.5 y.o. The ID’s are Velcro wrist bands with no apparent info on the outside except to say there is an ID inside!

http://readyorg.com/id_inside.html

I'd be interested to know if anyone has used these type bracelets with your children successfully (i.e. do the children keep the bracelet on?)!

I know this is a really late addition to this thread, but better safe than sorry!

muskiesusan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It really isn't a good idea to have the child's name visible. It automatically puts them on the first name basis with a potential abductor. A child is more likely to go with someone if they are being called by their first name, kwim? Also, I would also be afraid of having the phone number visible since it is so easy to look up addresses with this information.

Of course, like everything else in my life, I do what Jeanne does and put a business card in my DC's backpocket.

Susan
    Mom to Nick 10/01
    & Alex 04/04

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast