Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Moms who kids are diaper-free, what is in your bag?

I am loving my T2 Metro bag. I called it my "downsized diaper bag." LOL. Remmber, I used to carry a TON before with cloth diapers, etc.

So now I bring:
    -Sippy or water bottle
    -One small tupperware of various snacks
    -One small/non-bulky change of clothes (currently shirt, shorts, boxer briefs & socks though one time I wished I'd had shoes so I keep meaning to stick Robeez in there)
    -Zippered wet bag, though I suppose a Gallon Ziplock would do & be more trim
    -My wallet
    -My "cosmetic" zippered bag with all my stuff (usually women's stuff, small brush, lip balm, tissues, tylenol, etc.) 5x9x2
    -My Sunglasses case
    -2 (or so) matchbox-sized cars
    -small flip-notebook and about 6 crayons in a ziplock

What am I going to do come winter when I have pants or a jacket/hat/gloves?! It's packed now! I really prefer it to my Small T2 Messenger though, ironically. That bag really needs a bottle pocket!

mamahill Guest

Default RE: Moms who kids are diaper-free, what is in your bag?

I take my T2 Euro tote with (drumroll...) a water bottle, my wallet, a snack cup, and a pack of gum. Woohoo! That's for if I'm going to be out for 3 hours or less.

If it's longer, or going to be closer to meal time, I'll take my small T2 with (everything above and) a juice box, a small notebook, an extra pair of underwear and pants, wipes case, and a paperback book for me. Oh, and a couple pens.

I'm going to try packing as little as possible for the next few months before I have to pack a ton again!

Jeanmick Guest

I'm so jealous!!!! My DS is 19 months old and we still have a ways to go before we're diaper-free.

brubeck Guest

I find that a travel-sized Magna Doodle and kiddie sunglasses are great portable toys and they live in my diaper bag along with a few juice boxes and small bags of snacks. I also have some disposeable bibs, bandaids and small tube of Neosporin. I've used those things more often than I like to think!

a bib! I knew I was forgetting something...I usually also have a bib.

Sarah that's amazing! I always was a "kitchen-sinker though, even before ds.

luvbeinmama Guest

When I just have DS, I will leave the house with just my purse and his sippy cup!

Melanie, I would keep the clothes in a ziploc baggie in the car instead of the diaper bag so you don't have to keep toting it all around. When he needs the clean clothes, just put the dirty ones in the ziploc & take them in to wash when you get home. Really, all you should need in the winter is the pants/underwear. The jacket/hat gets put on at home here. (gloves? you give him gloves in our neck of the woods?) Other than that, I think you're list is fine!

I just figured having the clothes in my bag is easier if he has an accident. The one time he has while we are out, I of course left it in the car and he gets very upset when he is messy so I didn't like him suffering so much.

The reference to jacket/gloves/hat is that when we do use them it's like "put them on, get into store, take them off, go out, put them on..."LOL. He's totally got that "guy" thing down where he wants to bring all this stuff with him then hand it to me as soon as we get somewhere. ;-)

Thanks for the ideas...

raynjen Guest

We carry: my 'me' bag (small pencil case with chapstick, folding brush, safety pins, nail clippers, bandaids, hair bands, tylenol, and pepto tablets), my wallet (simple fold over holds ID, photo, credit card, debit card, and misc stamp cards), my business card case, 2-3 pens/pencils, 2" x 3" notebook, wipes (4" x 4" x 1"), roll of baggies (kind they have for puppy poops), disposable bib, straw, tiny bottle of hand sanatizer, travel tissues, and cell phone. If I'm going to be out all day I usually add sun block, camera, extra panties, and maybe a sippy cup.

There doesn't seem to be a place here where we *can't* get water so I usually don't bring it with me.

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
    who is almost three, Noelle!

Is tap water good in Japan? I'm always afraid of what it is I will be able to get around here. When they put lemon in it at a restaurant, you know it's tap.

Sarah1 Guest

Well, DD is not diaper free yet, but I hardly ever bring a diaper if we are only out for the morning or afternoon. Generally her poop habits are predictable (either when she wakes up, or after her nap) so I don't have to worry about a blowout at the park :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast