Default Selling on Ebay?

So I have all these boy clothes I have been saving to find out that my second (and last) child will be a girl. Yay. I pulled out everything a girl could wear and gave the "no name" basics to charity. I have lots of Old Navy, Childrens Place, Little Me, Carters. I also have some LeTop and french childrens' clothing (gifts). Has anybody sold on Ebay? It seems that the "premium" brands sell but not the Old Navy etc. Is it worth it to list 3 prs of jeans that sells for a total of $6? Is a yard sale better--or worse? The kid's consignment store is almost impossible to "get into", eg get an appointment to let them look at your stuff. And everybody I know has girls, not boys. So--have you tried Ebay or a garage sale? Or did you just give away? I would be curious to know what worked for people and/or what you would do differently next time. Thanks!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Default RE: Selling on Ebay?

I sell a lot on eBay. I stick to brands like Gap, Gymboree and Tommy mostly. Other brands I do better selling at a garage sale for a couple dollars per outfit. Just make sure to write "name brand kids clothes" in your garage sale ad. :D
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

mattiew Guest

Default RE: Selling on Ebay?

I'd try posting the items for sale on various Yahoo groups first. Most require a certain number of ebay feedbacks; the Baby Bargains group requires 50 posts on the boards.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-Swap/

HTH!
    Carrie