drsofrx Guest

Default Music suggestions

Hello Everyone,

I don't know if I am in the right area to ask this question, but here goes. I have a 15month old who loves music. I am searching for CD's that have classical nursery rhyme songs (ie: patty cake, itsy bitsy spider, I'm a little teapot, etc.) and that are upbeat. Does anyone have any suggestions? The CD's will be played while traveling in a car... so something she can dance do would be beneficial. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks --Erin

P.S. I also posted message in the infant lounge.

Default RE: Music suggestions

I can't think of anything decent with those particular songs. But, the Veggie Tales CDs are pretty good and generally upbeat. DS likes them. There are lots of classic songs (or classic melodies with a little variation).
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

raynjen Guest

You might try the Fisher Price CD's (I bought some at Toys'R'Us, but they also sell them at their website and through their catalog). The friend I gave them to said her child loved them...

Jen in Okinawa
    Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
    who just turned three, Noelle!

hjdong Guest

Just keep in mind you're going to hear them about 50 million times. My sister gave me Sing, Dance, and Play from Baby Genius. DS loves it. And, to my credit, I've learned to tune them out. But every now and then, I'll be driving down the street, rocking out to Bingo, and suddenly realize I'm alone in the car! They just get really old IMO.

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Here is a link to a good catalog to request. Everything is 10% off right now.
    http://store.musicforlittlepeople.com/
    Molly
    pack of kids ranging from age 1 to age 13

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I highly recommend the Wiggleworms CD. There are 38 songs on the disk and some of them are the kind of classic/well-known kids rhyme songs. We love this disk! http://oldtownschool.org/songs.html
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

I don't know if you have NOGGIN but we love Laurie and Dan, (they are the "Move to the Music" videos) Laurie's website is www.twotomatoes.com and Dan's is www.festivalfive.com. Both of their CD's are great, the music is fun and my husband and I love it as much as Madeline. We all know the words and she sings them even when we aren't listening. They also have good messages which is nice too.

Jane
    Madeline's Mom
    1/20/03

newbelly2002 Guest

I'll second this rec. A friend gave us this disk when Dante was 1 and almost 2 years later it is still a daily favorite. I haven't met a kiddo yet who didn't love it at first listen.

Paula
    Mama to Dante, 8/02

infomama Guest

There are no better CDs (that we have found) than the Cedarmont Kids Silly Singalong Collection (our DD has been bopping along to Toddler Tunes forever and she is now 18 months old). Even when she is upset in the car, this music calms her right down..smiles from ear to ear. We were given these CD's (and some DVD's) for her baptism but I know they can be found at any Christian bookstore. Our local bookstore is Family Christian Bookstore and these are the CD's we have with some sample songs:

Silly Songs has "Dry Bones", There's a hole in the bucket", "Michael Finnigan", "Bear went over the mountain" (18 tracks in all)

Toddler Tunes has 25 tracks and includes all the good old standards like "The wheels on the bus", "This old man" and "London Bridge".

Preschool songs has 21 tracks and has "Shoo fly", The Farmer in the Dell" and "Bluebird, bluebird".

These are the CD's to buy, no question.

StaceyKim Guest

i 2nd the wiggleworms cd-we take the class too & the songs are awesome!
    also highly rec justin roberts! he is fantastic & my ds loves it
    http://www.justinroberts.org/music.htm
    we have yellow bus & not naptime
    beatles greatest hits also good

hth!
    stacey