hjdong Guest

Default Anyone's nearly 3 yo still have trouble with pronouns

Particularly me and you (or I and you). He seems to think that "I" is another word for momma and "you" is another word for Jamie. You should hear me trying to explain - "No, you say, "I . . ." He seems to get him and her, with a few not knowing gender mistakes. Sometimes he gets it right, but infrequently enough that I notice it.

Any suggestions? TIA,

Default RE: Anyone's nearly 3 yo still have trouble with pronouns

I'm just seeing this, but had to laugh because I remember how frustrating it was trying to teach DS the "you" and "I" thing! He was having a hard time with it for awhile and then suddenly it just went away. I can't even remember now when this happened. Sometime before his 3rd birthday, but not sure when.

Actually, whenever someone is leaving the house in a car, DS always likes them to beep the horn while he waves at the window or on the porch. He still asks "will you beep "my" horn at me?" I've tried telling him it's beep "your" horn...oh well! I guess he hasn't totally figured it out!

No suggestions, he'll get it eventually I'm sure. I think the lightbulb just goes on sometimes!