Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Toddler Bad Breath

I have tried flossing with those sticks that have the floss on. It's hard to floss an unwilling wiggly girl. I think I might try a tiny bit of the regular stuff.

-Sonia
    Mommy to my Strawberry Shortcake lovin' Martie

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have you tried a different toothpaste? Maybe Tom's kid's orange might be a bit stronger flavored?

Matthew's is worse when he's got a cold and breathing through his mouth a lot. During those times we use his toothbrush to brush his tongue (with or without toothpaste) with lots of water--dip the toothbrush in a cup of water, brush the tongue, dip it back in, etc. Brushing his tongue does help.

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

barbarhow Guest

Not Melanie but my DH taught Jack to rinse just by having him copy what he was doing. They make a big show of spitting it out and say "Puuuuhhhhh" a they do it. Now Jack just does it. HTH
    Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
    and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Is she teething? I always notice DDs breath is worse when she is teething. We use the oral B stages toothpaste which does have some flouride and only use a tiny bit and it helps, but she does still get morning breath a bit!

She is teething too. She hid her toothbrush somewhere too. Aarrgh!

-Sonia
    Mommy to my Strawberry Shortcake lovin' Martie

LOL, we are missing a toothbrush here as of yesterday. DS looves to brush his teeth so much he just walks around his room with it. Luckily we have an electricone as back up but he doesn't like it as much.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Miriam has bad breath--a tendency I think she gets from her dad! Make sure you brush the roof of her mouth and her tongue. I hear you on the gross fruit smell mixed with bad breath smell--I found a great fluoride-free mint toothpaste at a health food store that Miriam loves, and that helps with her breath. (As my 7-year-old nephew who won't use mint toothpast would say, "It's not spicy!")It's Weleda Children's Tooth Gel. It's distributed in the US by Weleda, Inc., Congers, NY 10920. Maybe you can contact them to find out where you can buy it in your area if you have trouble finding it.

HTH,

Sheila
    Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03 and
    Gabriel, 12/30/04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2