I signed up DD for preschool starting in Sept. It's a few days a week for a few hours in the morning at a local church. I was worried that DD would be too young for it (she'll be turning 2 right around then) but I think she'll like it. If we're home for very long, she begs me to go out--park, walking, supermarket, Target, library...apparently anywhere is better than her toy-filled house.

Anyway, is there anything I should do over the summer to prepare her? She's very slow warming up to new things. She goes to the drop-in day care at my gym for about 30-45 minutes at a time. Otherwise, she's always with me or DH.

Also, my DD wakes up really early (usually 6-6:30am) regardless of bedtime which right now translates to her clamoring for her nap around 11am. I can usually hold her off for maybe 20-30 minutes but after that she just cries and acts like she's beyond exhausted. She'll sleep anywhere between 1.5 and 3 hours. I'm worried she won't like school because it runs until noon and she'll be all cranky part way through the morning. I know toddlers in day care adjust to having one naptime with their peers. I'm hoping DD can adjust her nap similarly when school starts because nothing I am doing now is resulting in a later nap. Any insight?

TIA