Default How much time does your toddler spend playing at home?

Versus activities outside the home (like library, park, etc). I know that this will differ depending on whether it is summer or winter - I'm interested in both. Right now he definitely spends more time playing at home that outside the home, but I'm hoping to get out more with him now that the weather has finally warmed up. For those that say they spend a lot of time at the pool or park, does that mean your kids don't spend much time playing inside the house during the sunmmer? Or are your days longer than mine by several hours? :) I find that between meals and nap, if we leave the house for a several hour activity on a particular day, there isn't much time for DS to play at home.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

amp Guest

Default RE: How much time does your toddler spend playing at home?

It really depends on the day, but I'd say that over the course of a week, he probably spends a similar amount of time playing inside as outside of the house. If we do too much, it shows and I know he needs some downtime with his own toys in his own house. But, likewise, if we are cooped up too much at home, things get a little crazy! Generally speaking, and this varies, if we are out in the morning, we are home in the afternoons, and visa versa. So any given day, he may get 2-5 hrs of playtime in at home, and a few hours out and about.

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We try to go somewhere almost every morning. However, we are usually home either by lunchtime or shortly thereafter, and rarely go out again.

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
    Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

bluej Guest

We go to the pool from 10-12 and then the afternoon is spent at home. We usually go out in the evening, either to a park, for a walk or swimming again (sometimes just to drive around, but that's not really playing is it?). So Ryden plays at home in the early morning and late afternoon. During the weekend we are out a lot more b/c that's when we do zoo and amusement park trips or DH takes the kids to do their remote control toys (Ryden spends hours trying to chase down the cars).

In the winter we spend most of our play time at home, mostly inside, but do try to get outside to play a little bit each day. I have been known to take Ryden to the park in the snow. Except for one time, we are always the only ones there. Yes, his snowsuit is filthy by the time we leave.

I try to keep a similar schedule as Jeanne. However there are some mornings where I just let Martie watch TV all day so I can clean the house. I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but that girl wears me out so much that I can only vegetate and do the most meaningless chores when she naps.

-Sonia
    Mommy to my Strawberry Shortcake lovin' Martie