Default Taking off his jammies!

For about a week now Ryan takes off his jammies every night and sleeps in just a diaper. DH goes in there after he has gone to sleep and puts him under the covers so he doesn't get cold! I went in there last night and convinced him to let me put she shirt back on but he took it off about 30 mintues later (gotta love the video monitor). Help!

We have tried several types of jammies but it seems the bigger the challenge, the better! I hear him struggling with the pants and he says, "stuck" but a few minutes later he has got them figured out and they are off!

Should I just let him sleep in a dipe until this phase passes and not worry about him getting cold from the A/C?
    Mom to R and R

Default RE: Taking off his jammies!

Does he seem cold when you put the shirts back on? I would probably let him sleep in the jammies, unless he tries taking off his diaper. Does he have zipper pajamas? I think I've read about people duct taping over the zipper and also putting them on backwards.

Isn't 2 so much fun?
    -Sonia
    Mommy to my Strawberry Shortcake lovin' Martie

bluej Guest

Ryden takes his off in the morning upon waking. He also takes his diaper off :( Did I mention he's a morning pooper?

I would say just let him sleep in his diaper, but really I fear for you that he'll start taking his diaper off at some point. But if you don't think that's going to be a concern can you close the vent in his room (either all the way or just partial) so that it doesn't get too cold in his room at night?

Mikesa3 Guest

Did you try jamies with snaps waist? Or a onesie type shirt? My ds hasn't mastered snaps yet but I'm sure it won't be long.Maybe you can take him shopping to pick out a pair of character jamies that he really wants to wear.Since he can get the clothes off I'd worry the diaper would be next. Just wait till you go in to a poopy diaper all over the bed.
    Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think you're totally right, it's the challenge and the thrill of success. If it were Matthew, I would just let him. I know that isn't the prevalent view, but in our case Matthew does this sometime during the night (not early on) occasionally and has never taken his diaper off. Certainly, if Matthew was a morning pooper I might feel differently! We make sure he has his blankies and we've closed the damper in the room a bit so it's not so cold.

I think once he has done it a while and the "challenge" wears off, I like the idea of going to buy new jammies and letting him pick them out.

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

I closed the vent in the room now but it seems so stuffy in there now! Of course this is me with crazy nursing hormones too so I am hot then cold in a 20 second span of time!

Fortunately, he can only manage one snap on his FB dipes! Thank goodness we aren't in sposies since he can rip those off in a flash.

LOL at Ryden being an AM pooper. I'm sure those are fun mornings Jen. :)
    Mom to R and R

We tried this trick with no success. He loves the new jammies and asks to wear them but he still loves to pull off the pants and take the shirt off.

Haven't tried the snaps at the waist ones yet so I might have to search those out. Who makes them, btw?
    Mom to R and R

Mikesa3 Guest

Carters makes them,maybe others. Just to let you know Carters jamies run short in the legs so I usually go up a size.(or maybe my kids just have long legs.LOL)
    Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

murpheyblue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD has been taking her PJ pants off for about 2 weeks right after we finish reading bedtime stories. I just let her sleep in a diaper and after she drifts off I put a light blanket over her legs.

luvbeinmama Guest

Personally, I'd let him sleep in no jammies and cover him up when you check on him. I'm in the habit of checking on them after they go to sleep anyway, so it would be a non-issue for me. The only other thing I can think of would be to look for lightweight one piece jammies that zip (no feet and if they exist, lol!) and put them on backward. Good luck!