Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bluej Guest

Default So, what has your toddler done to embarrass you?

Yesterday at the Dr.'s office Ryden locked me out of the waiting room. This was after we had already been there for an hour and a half so everyone was quite familiar with the lad at that point. It went a little something like this.....I step two paces out of the room to turn in the paperwork for his shots. I turn around and he has shut the door. I go to open it and it's locked. I knock and say 'Ry, let mommy in'. His response is giggles as I hear him run across the room AWAY from the door. I knock again and wait. I knock again and tell him to open the door. Finally, just as I'm sucking in my breath getting ready to calmly turn around and ask for a key, Ryden opens the door and yells 'HELLO!!!!' and waves. I would have loved to have been able to leave at that point, but we had to wait another 15 minutes to get shots yet.

God willing, we won't have to show our faces there again for another year.

Default RE: So, what has your toddler done to embarrass you?

LOL! Fortunately Martie hasn't done anything yet to embarrass me in public.

-Sonia
    Mommy to my Strawberry Shortcake lovin' Martie

LucyG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This wasn't too bad, since it happened among friends, but this is my story . . .

Last week, I accidentally bumped DD's arm with my teeth when we were rough housing on the floor. She was FINE (no mark at all), but insisted on a Cookie Monster band-aid. The next day, we went to DH's office to have lunch with him. One of his co-workers saw DD's band-aid, and asked her how she got her boo boo. The little darling replied, "Mommy's teef bit me!" Nothin' like toddler honesty!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
    2 years and counting!

Matt's favorite is saying "Mama, You pooped!" as loud as he can in public. He also likes saying "Mama, you stink. PeeYou."

Can you feel the love?
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Love the story! This is going to turn into one of those family 'legends' isn't it-- where it gets repeated so often Ryden swears he remembers it happening clearly when he's older? :) Those kinds of stories make me smile!
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ha! When we go into a public bathroom stall, DD often says "mommy's pooping". I'm not pooping! And always when there are other people in the bathroom. She's not trying to embarass me, but man, it is embarrassing and funny at the same time.

zuzu is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Cute stories!

This happened to DH, not me, but I think it's pretty funny. DH and Sarah were out and he had to take Sarah into the men's room to change her diaper. Apparently, a man passed gas rather loudly in one of the stalls and Sarah exclaimed, "Man tooted! Man tooted! Stinky - PU, Daddy!" Luckily the man had a sense of humor and said "Yes, I did" and smiled when he came out. DH thought it was hilarious, but I probably would have been pretty embarassed.

When DH's car broke down last month, Sarah went around telling everyone, "Daddy broke car. Daddy broke car. We need new car now." Luckily I've been spared any embarassment.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

When we were traveling over Easter I took my 2 yo DS into the ladies room to change his diaper and decide to use the bathroom quickly so we could get back on the road. While in the stall with me he SANG, "Mommy's Pooping, Mommy's Pooping." Well, I wasn't but it was funny.
    Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

Sydney calls my nipples "Mommy Balls" so when we're out in public and I'm holding her, sometimes she grabs them and says, "Mommy Balls."

Vivian
    Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)
    www.thelins.znot.net (FINALLY updated 6/15/05!)

bluej Guest

LOL Vivian! I just choked on my lunch :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast