Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Happiest Toddler on the Block

No, I am not here to claim that my toddler is the happiest on the block. :-)

I just wanted to ask if anyone here has read that book. i know a lot of moms have said they liked Happiest Baby by Karp so just wondering who's followed up with the Toddler version. And if you've read, what did you think?

Vivian
    Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)
    www.thelins.znot.net (FINALLY updated 6/15/05!)

Default RE: Happiest Toddler on the Block

Vivian- I have not read the book but just wanted to say that I checked out your website. Sydney is just precious! She looks like such a big girl. :)
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

I read it last year but have not really followed the advice.
    Speaking toddler-ease does not come easily for me and DS did not seem to need it.

We did start using 1-2-3 Magic in January and it works well for us. Overall we have a easy going child and he only gets counted a few times a day if at all. He will usually sit himself in time out when he has to "take 5". Most of his behavior issues come from jealousy of the new baby or not wanting his diaper changed but it's not too bad yet.
    Michelle I

DS 1 - 7
    DS 2 - 5
    DD - 1

trumansmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I second 1-2-3 Magic. DS is NOT an easy going child, and it has been, well, magic for us! Life has been much, much simpler since we read it.

Jeanne
    Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
    Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've read half the book and I think I'm willing to try some of it out. However, I'm going to watch the DVD first, since I think the video of the Happiest Baby was much easier to follow, so I think the video of the DVD would be easier. My yoga instructor read the book and watched the DVD and he said the DVD was much easier to follow. They were having a lot of problems with their 2-3 year old and after trying it out he said it's been light night and day with his son. So I'm willing to try it out. Oh, and just so you know, I got the DVD from Netflix, so I didn't have to spend money on it.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
    Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

There is a video? Cool. If you got it at NetFlix, do you think they rent it at Blockbuster or maybe the library?

I've read the first 1/4th of it that just explains all the different temperaments. Sydney is somewhere between guarded and the other one. Sad i cannot remember. I started reading it awhile back and never got back to it.

Thanks for letting me know it's on DVD. By the way, just wondering if you started reading it because you already wantd to address something with Kaya or are you just reading it as supplemental parenting book? Does my question make sense?

Vivian
    Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)

Thanks Melissa. you are too sweet. If you think Sdney has grown, I bet Matthew looks like a young man by now!

Vivian
    Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)

Is the premise of 1-2-3 Magic about timeouts? I'm making a wild guess here based on title and your potst.

Vivian
    Mom to Sydney (4/24/03)

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

>No, I am not here to claim that my toddler is the happiest on
    >the block. :-)

LOL, Vivian!

mudder17 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I started reading it because when Kaya got frustrated with something (usually when she was tired), she would bang her head on the floor and I was thinking it was a portent of things to come. So it's sort of a supplemental reading, but to address something that I think Kaya might go through, if that makes any sense. I figure it's worth reading and trying out, in light of our friends' experiences. I bet they would have it at either the library or possibly Blockbuster. My friends got it at the library, so our library has it at least.

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ies/candle.gif

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbo...n_gold_12m.gif , 15 months & counting
    Kaya's cousin, due October 9th!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast