Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LucyG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default How much do Gymboree classes cost? (and other questions)

Our town has a children's gym that is probably similar to Gymboree Play and Music. DD and I went to a mom-and-me two-year-old class this morning. They offer a free trial class, so I decided to see what it was all about. I'm curious to know how the prices compare to Gymboree, Little Gym, etc. At our local place, eight weeks of classes cost $125. That covers one 45-minute class per week, and then one hour of open gym time when you can come have free play (several times during the week to choose from). Since they are already three weeks into this session of classes, they will pro-rate the fees if we decide to join now. DD had a blast, and it was clean and cool in the gym. Though I'm sure she could hone her physical skills by visiting the playgrond, I'm tempted to sign up for the remaining five weeks of gym classes for this summer. For those of you who do Gymboree or something similar, what does it cost in your area? Do you think it's worth the money for you and your toddler? Thanks!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
    2 years and counting!

Default RE: How much do Gymboree classes cost? (and other questions)

At our local Gymboree, 10 weeks of classes is $140. If you sign up for 20 weeks, the cost per class is about $2 less. And we have 9 hours per week of free play available. Although with naps and such, it probably is only practical to count on being able to go for about 3 hours for us. I have a friend who just moved from NYC. Her local Gymboree there was charging $850 for the shortest session, 10 or 12 weeks, I forget which. Yikes.

I definitely think it's worth it. When it's hot here, I feel pretty terrible even in the shade because of the humidity. I love being able to take her to the equivalent of an indoor park.

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have our Gymbo brochure right here...

Lifetime Family Membership Fee $30

45 minute play class for crawlers, walkers, runners, explorers, and kids (babies is cheaper)
    9 weeks $141
    15 weeks $220
    22 weeks $284

Play Gym (open play time) is extra. You can buy a 9 class pass for $18 or the drop in price is $5. And you have to be currently enrolled in a scheduled class in order to attend Play Gym.

You can also buy a Play Program Bonus Pass, which allows you to attend unlimited play program classes. So theoretically you could attend a class every single day if you wanted.
    9 weeks $47
    15 weeks $73.33
    22 weeks $94.678

HTH!

~ deb
    DS 12/03
    And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

murpheyblue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't have our Gymbo pricing info here but it's totally worth it for us. DH is a SAHD and he and DD go every week. Plus our Gymboree has days that have oneh our of free play so kids enrolled in Gymbo classes can play there for free. It's great for rainy, cold or hot days.

I think DH likes it as much as DD. She has a blast plus there's no dirt, no sunscreen and no worries about running off, etc.

For a 10 week session it is $130 here. This includes the class once a week and also there is an "open gym" once a week at a particular time. DD loves it and for us it has been very much worth it, especially now that it's getting way too hot to go outside and play!

Lisa

jubilee Guest

For the Gymbo in my area, it averages to about $12 a class.