Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Okay mamas...what are you concerning yourselves with these days?

Oh, heck, I thought you meant regular things. For enriching I meant going out to buy supplies like stickers and paint and letting him do pretty much what he wants to with them. As opposed to using the empty paper towel rolls as trumpets. ;)

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh, Wendy, your Emily is so familiar to me. Matthew is in the same boat with apraxia and the sensitivity to other kids is awful for me. He does try, but for playgroup it almost takes the entire time for him to get warmed up and then it's over.

Big hugs, I totally understand.

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

Language: Trying not to stress about it, but I can't wait until he can talk or sign more! He's within the normal range, but certainly on the slower side of things.

Nursing: He's starting to wean, I think, much sooner than I had hoped. But, no matter what the mamas at MDC say, if he shakes his head no, shrieks, and sits up off my lap and slides off to play, he doesn't want to nurse. I'm a tad conflicted. I really wanted to make it to at least two, but there are some attractive things about not nursing anymore. At any rate, Forrest will decide!

Food: DH rarely feeds him veggies, but feeds him a lot of fruit, which he loves. I try with the veggies, and he just shakes his head no. ARGH!

(Seems like we are a bunch of toddler-mama broken records)
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Adding to the broken record:

--SLEEP. When will this get easy? It just took me 1.5 hours to get him down tonight! Ugh! Nursing, rocking, patting his back. And why does DH balk when I ask him to give it a try? (but I suppose that is another post entirely)

--DISCIPLINE. No is ds's favorite word. He says it so emphatically while shaking his head. He doesn't stop when I ask him not to touch things. He stands at the pantry or refrigerator door and just whines... I know part of it is that he doesn't have the vocab to express himself, but now DH says he has a "temper" and we don't know how to proceed. *sigh*

~ deb
    DS 12/03
    And a niece or nephew arriving in early August!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

jubilee Guest

I'm concerned with putting enough learning activities in our day. We always seem to be on the go or cleaning around the house/cooking/etc that I don't sit and focus on Logan enough. By learning activities I mean just reading together, singing songs, craft stuff. We just need to be unbusy sometime!

Right now my main concern is sleep. I think our visit to NJ has thrown Martie off and now she won't get to bed until after 10:00. Argh. By the time I get her back to schedule - we'll be on our vacation to Toronto and it'll be thrown off again, I"m sure.

-Sonia
    Mommy to my Strawberry Shortcake lovin' Martie

Language: He knows too much and throws out the four letter words at will.
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

Gosh, I should be posting over here more. A lot of this stuff rings true for us too.

For Joshua:

Is he gaining enough weight/getting enough fat in his diet? He has a milk protein allergy and can't eat the nice high-fat foods like cheese and Yo Baby yogurt. I put him on our scale this a.m., and he only weighs 21 lbs. 4 oz. at 19 mos. His weight at his 15 month checkup was 20 lbs. 8 oz. Maybe our scale is calibrated low?

When will he ever sleep through the night? He goes to sleep on his own but wakes up at least once/night. Sometimes more. I typically have been feeding him at midnight and dh has been patting him other times. DH is sick of this, and the disagreement about how to handle this has been a major source of stress on us.

Joshua's naps: he wants to take 1 nap at 10:00 a.m. for roughly 2 hours. Not good. He is really tired and crabby by late afternoon and won't take another. I hate this nap transition thing.

Not really talking. I can't say I'm terribly worried about this. We know plenty of boys who are late talkers. He has a few words but uses them fairly indiscriminately. Lately, he's been accurate with "cracker" at least.

The biggest one: when will he stop throwing things? That's his main mode of play. It drives me crazy. A room looks like a bomb hit it after about 30 secs. of Joshua in it. He's a sweet, sweet little boy. I love him dearly, but I wish he would just PLAY with a toy. ANY toy. He'll instead just empty and throw anything he can get his hands on.

Paci use: this wouldn't bother me except that his brother (age 4) STILL uses one. Maybe we need to break Joshua of this habit earlier? I hate to do it, because the last thing I want is his sleep to be worse.

JACK:

Stomach problems--history of severe constipation bad enough to include an OR visit. On a high dose of a laxative. Still not potty trained (though poops in the potty but won't pee in the potty, ironically).

Using a paci at 4. Only allowed to use upstairs. We're about to cut it to "only for sleeping". This will be a big battle, given his strong, strong will. This thing has ruined his teeth.

Transition to Philly has been even harder on him than expected. He's really had a rough few months. I think things are finally feeling a little better for him. He started camp this week and is doing well. He refuses to participate in some activities, though, for no apparent reason. Yesterday I told DH that I think Jack will vote Libertarian when he grows up. : )

Thanks--this feels better just to get it all out.

Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3