Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Judegirl Guest

Default Okay mamas...what are you concerning yourselves with these days?

I'm going to start a thread about what we're *not* worrying about also, but this one had to come first, of course...

Here's my list:

Meal times - how much food, whether we're too casual about it, what to feed her

Milk - what the non-organic goat's milk may be doing to her, how to get her to drink rice instead (she's allergic to cow's, I've pretty much confirmed)

Language - She's not talking at all; all she does is grunt and whine. She has said a few words on occasion, but hasn't continued...not even "Mama."

Sleep - how on earth we're ever gonna get some. :)

How 'bout the rest of you? :)

Jude

Default RE: Okay mamas...what are you concerning yourselves with these days?

Sleep- although he's gotten better recently but he's still lacking well *i* think he's lacking in the enough sleep department.

After that i'm pretty much not worrying...although i suppose his ability to get into things and silly stunts concern me, he got stuck in the stacked chairs on the porch on the weekend :o he gets hurt so much with his monkey ways x(

On the milk, my eldest had a problem with milk, i used isomil formula with her but maybe that isn't done anymore? ;)

lizamann Guest

Finding a school (grade school!!) has been at the top of my priority list since before she's been born! An ongoing project...

Sun - though this babe is tons darker than I am and tans through the spf 45. It's just not fair!

And gentle discipline is my favorite topic right now. Can't get enough reading material about it.

I'll keep thinking...

searchdog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What am I worried about that is easy to post.

We just got told she needs PT to work on her not crawling properly.

What on earth do I feed her, since she has only 2 teeth and only wants to self feed, but I fear she will choke.

Also my biggest fear, am I spoling her rotten since I am home all day with her and do pretty much whatever she wants.

aa2mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Mine are:

Discipline - Dealing with the occasional temper tantrums and also just discipline philosophy in general.

Milk - He's allergic to cows and goats milk and since the allergist wanted him off formula, he's been drinking soy milk. Ever since I read the Dark Side of Soy article, though, I've been rather uneasy about having him drink it.

Climbing - He's into everything!!! Why is standing on the kitchen table so much fun? I'm running out of room to move things up, and he keeps going higher and higher.

Speech - He's on the slow side of speech development, although the ped says he's within normal ranges. Still, I can't help but hope that he'll start talking more.

ETA: I thought of one more. Pacifiers - When to wean him off of it and will he be able to sleep without it.
    ~Heidi
    Mama to DS 12/03 & DD 2/07

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Ok, I'm game...

Bedtime and sleep - how do I get back to our lovely bedtime routine where she asked to go to bed and slept in her own bed all night? We're "accidental" co-sleepers at the moment, which doesn't really work well for us.

Bathtime - the bath paints are helping tremendously but sometimes she still decides "no bath" when she really needs one. She used to love her baths.

Diaper issues - this is a new one, she was walking around last night, holding herself and saying "I can't pee" over and over, and she really didn't for like 5 hours. She did wet overnight, and didn't wake up, so I'm hopeful it's not a bladder infection. But what the heck? Oh, and she didn't want to try the potty chair either.

Sibling adjustment - of course this is the big worry at the moment. How will she react to the new baby, and to not having 100% of our attention? It has to be pretty hard to realize you're not the center of the universe after all... or at least you share that position!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03... and #2 due Sept 05!

Sleep--trying some things from the No-Cry Sleep Solution book and hoping, hoping, hoping they work.

Hitting, kicking and biting--how to get him to STOP. (1-2-3 Magic style time-outs seem to have helped a bit, but it is still a problem) Fortunately it is just us he does this to, so I don't have to worry about it with his friends.

Finding some more time for myself--DH works somewhat long hours and DS is pretty clingy to me so I'm hoping to find some ways to get a little more time to myself.

dotgirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

(I'll introduce myself quickly - I've just come over from the Baby Bargains board, where I've been reading (and sort of posting) since I found out I was pregnant. My little guy is almost 20 months old and very "willful".)

My two mains worries are:

Meal times! About half the time he eats just fine - whatever, whenever, however. And the other half, he yells, hits the spoon away, flings finger foods on the floor, and is generally impossible.

We've gone to keeping some Earth's Best "Sunny Days" bars in reserve, since 99% of the time he'll eat those. And they may not be the most balanced dinner, but they've got lots of vitamins and minerals, and they keep him from waking up starving at 4am.

And temper tantrums. When he gets mad, he'll yell, "No! Mine! Stop! Don't!" and the top of his lungs. And then sometime's he'll run across the room to bat at your hands. We're not entirely sure how to deal with that.
    - Penny
    DD: Britt (03/22/93)
    DS: Riley (11/04/03)

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Speech and hearing--of course that's my primary concern, considering he's going to ST.

Exercise--making sure he's getting enough since I'm a bookworm and could easily sit on the sofa all day with coffee and a book.

Sleep--why in the heck is he waking up in the middle of the night and talking for two hours!?!?!?

Enriching activities--ok, I'm not with Beth on this yet, I'm still trying to come up with different things to do. I think it's because I'm the one that's bored! :)

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My biggest concern: not enough time outside--see my thread in this Lounge. Along with that, I worry that Ellie has started watching more tv (stupid Sesame Street songs DVD we got about a week and a half ago--our first DVD ever--and now Ellie asks for it incessantly).

Sleep: no problems falling asleep at night or staying asleep. I just wish she'd wake up a little later (right now, it's anytime b/t 5 and 6 am--and the 6 ams are rare, LOL). I also wish that she'd nap longer.

I worry that I am too laid-back about discipline, I think in part, b/c I recognize that there is a futility to it at Ellie's age (18 months). That said, I am amazed at how easygoing I am and hope that I'm not doing a disservice to Ellie.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast