Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Funny things your toddler is saying?

Today the deer (darn things that eat my flowers) were in our yard and Abe (2 next month!) ran after them saying "fast horsies, fast horsies".
    We tried telling him they were deer and he said "no mama, they horses". He now tells me they are hiding.

Christine
    mama to a cyclone (7/03)

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Funny things your toddler is saying?

The one I remember most from recent weeks is when I set Kai's pancakes down in front of him and went back to the kitchen. The butter had melted so he couldn't see it anymore. He calls butter "mano"...so I hear hime saying "Mano, where ARE you?" A not so subtle hint for momma to bring more butter ASAP!

Oh, we've been teaching him his full name. He says his last name as "a-peh-wah"...believe me, that doesn't give away our last name! So he was doing something he shouldn't and I said "Kai Alexander!" and he very innocently said "A-peh-wah?" I busted out laughing!
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

That is so funny. I know your last name, so to read that and imagine Kai saying it is funny! Ours is easy as you know so there was no challenge there.

The funny thing lately is that he calls me "Debbi" instead of mommy. People look at him when he does it and I'm sure they assume I am the babysitter! He is also fascinated with saying quite loudly that he has a penis and girls have a "fa-gina". Hmmmm, should I have taught him those words or not?!?!?!?! The other day I woke him up from a nap and the first thing he said to me after about a minute of silence, stretching and yawning was "Ryan has a penis."
    Mom to R and R

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

>The other day I woke him up from a nap and the first thing he
    >said to me after about a minute of silence, stretching and
    >yawning was "Ryan has a penis."

That is TOO funny! He is very proud of it, isn't he! We haven't taught Kai vagina yet. I guess since there is no little sister here, we've been able to avoid the topic. Kai isn't really penis-happy yet. I ask him where it is when we diaper changes and he reaches down - sometimes cranes his neck to check - and says "there it is!"
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

Default Baba juice

DS calls dad, "Baba" (Chinese for dad). About a month ago he started calling his father's ever-present diet Pepsi, "Baba juice." I don't drink the stuff--just water and orange juice--and DS drinks watered down apple juice so I guess he figured Baba must drink juice too!

jbowman is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Today Ellie grabbed the digital camera, held it up to her eyes, and said "smile" over and over again! Hmmmm, wonder where she learned that, LOL?!!

LucyG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We were running errands today, and as we drove through town, DD narrated for me: "There's the courthouse. There's our church. There's the hospital. There's Lowe's. I hurt my head at Lowe's and I cried!" I swear, the child has a mind like a steel trap. DH and I would both like to forget the time she fell out of the shopping cart and onto her head, but no luck!

She is also big into singing and performing "Ring Around the Rosy." Except, for some reason, she says, "Poke around the rosies . . ."

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]
    2 years and counting!

DD is only 15 months and doesn't have that many words. She's just started saying "Mama" to mean me -- but it turns out to mean DH, too. And after several puzzling days, I figured out that "Bo" means not only "ball" and "balloon" but also "Paul" (ie, DH). I feel a bit silly about not figuring out what she was pointing at in our bed!

But her cutest trick is that in the morning she will be lying around with us, or being changed, and she will say thoughtfully "Buppy. Foof." Which is "Puppy says woof".

lukkykatt Guest

I love some of DS' mispronunciations. He calls vitamins "firemen"; bubblegum "bubbleguns" (our babysitter chews it); pajamas "pojamas" and bananas "bonanas". I secretly hope he keeps all these cute little words.

He is also facinated with his penis and sometimes takes a survey of who has a penis and who doesn't. "Does Emily have a penis?"...

Mom2Miri Guest

We were eating dinner and DD apparently had lost a sock on the way to the table. So she suddenly brings up her foot that still has a sock and says "This socks says - where is my friend named "The Other Sock""?

And a nursing one...she stops in the middle one day, raises both arms and says "Yay, it works!" Yes, nursing a toddler is hilarious sometimes.

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url] 27 months and counting

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast