Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    amp Guest

Default RE: A little more progress...

Poor lamb! I'm sure it's just as frustrating to Payton as it is to you guys. He doesn't have the least idea why his words don't come out the way his brain knows they should. You guys are being so patient and great w/ him. I know that in the end, your reassurance and patience will coax him into being his old chatterbox self. Hang in there mama! You're doing a great job w/ your little guy!

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Thanks, Andrea :)

I can report that the Please's and Thank You's are back (with some stutter), and that the number of times he's tapping a word is generally reducing. He still has a few occasions where it takes awhile to get the first syllable out. And then he's so cute-- he whispers during the stutter, but he YELLS the last syllable as if to say, "There, I did it!"

I still think it'll take a couple weeks to a month to get the stutter to completely resolve, but I can't tell you how much better I've felt every day as his speech got better again.
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

amp Guest

I keep thinking how hard it must be to watch him struggle! Every little things our kids struggle w/ just gets us right in the gut, doesn't it? I feel for you, as a mama, watching your little guy struggle w/ this new thing. That's why I'm glad you're his mama. He'll get so much patience and love from you that he'll sort it out and be chatting more each day (as he already is). What a safe environment for him to experiment in!

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so glad Payton seems to be getting better, what a relief. Bless him for shouting the last bit of the word, hope he just keeps getting better all the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2