chiqanita Guest

Default Toddler behavior

My DS is doing the following during the day and it concerns me.

-head banging everything incl. his DB...hit him hard enough today to make him bump his head against the wall, he cried :(
    -screaming all the time for everything and anything (more food, more milk, wants a toy, wants out of his bed...etc) x(
    -shaking his head back and forth (started yesterday in high chair) :p
    -screaming in the middle of the night every hour or so (has been going on for a while now) ;(
    -hitting his DB unprovoked (out of no where...smack right in the kisser!) }(
    -jamming his finger all the way up his nose all of the time :o

Is this going on elsewhere in the world or just in my home?

jakobsmommie Guest

Default RE: Toddler behavior

I would be concerned as well. How old is your DS? Have you called the pediatrician? It sounds like there might be something going on, that he isn't able to communicate with you. I would DEFINATELY bring him into the ped's office.

In MY opinion, this does not appear to be normal behaviour for any age.

Have you tried giving him Tylenol or anything? Does anything seem to help at all?

chiqanita Guest

Thanks for the response. I have 15 m.o. twin boys.

Yes I did talk to the ped when I first noticed his behavior. He says it's not that unusual and not to worry. He also added that some of this behavior sounded like teething which DS is (cutting molars). I gave DS Tylenol before bed and that seemed to help him get through the night. I think the teething has subsided for now because DS seems to be doing better. However, he continues to stick his finger in his nose.

Thanks again for your input.

jakobsmommie Guest

Ohhhh so glad to hear that the your ped. wasn't concerned.

You deserve a round of applause for raising twin boys. My nephews are twin boys as well!

Teething stinks. Someone told me that if you take a baby washcloth and tie a knot in the middle then get it wet with water or apple juice then freeze it. It makes a GOOD teether. Hope that helps you some.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I was going to say I've heard the head shaking can be related to teething.

Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .