mom2one is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Cranky toddler after naps

Hi all. About 6 weeks ago now, we took away our DS pacifier. It went very well and he only asked for it twice. He slept well and everything. Well, i have come to notice, that since then he wakes up from his afternoon very cranky. He cries and carries on for over an hour most times. I realize the thing that would sooth him the most is now gone. Any suggestions on what to do or try?

I usually hold him and we watch his favorite tv show and try to have a snack at some point. And he is now 2 years 3 months old. Thanks for any and all help.
    Susan

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Cranky toddler after naps

Does he sleep as long as he used to? I just wonder if he is sleeping differently now without the paci? Is he growing through a growing spurt?
    Maybe putting him down an hour earlier might help?

big hugs

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

mom2one is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for replying. We actually started talking to him about waking up from naps being happy. And he loves the phrase "happy baby" even though he is not a baby. So, we told him he needs to be a happy baby when he gets up. Things have been so much better. We get maybe 5 minutes of whining/crying and then he settles right down and just wants to play.

I appreciate your advice though. Susan

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

:) glad things are getting better.

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller