kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default almost 3 year old questions

HI all-

I'm an SAHM of an almost 3 year old(Dec 9) and I'm wondering what to expect at his 3 year wellness check up.

Also, how many moms waited til 3 and older to put their kids in a daycare/preschool even part time?

Did your DC have a lot of words in their vocabulary before you put them in a daycare/preschool setting?

Thanks!

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: almost 3 year old questions

I'm an SAHM of an almost 3 year old(Dec 9) and I'm wondering what to expect at his 3 year wellness check up.

I believe they did an MMR shot then but that might have been when he was 2. I know he is not due for anymore shots till he is 5. Beside that just weight, height, check heart, look over him, and talk to him. One suggestion I read wasto take a bathrobe for your child so the don't have to wear a paper gown. We haven't had to worry about the whole gown thing yet- I don't know when that starts. To his 3 yr check up we brought a Fisher Price Dr.'s Kit and doll so if he wanted to he could act the stuff out that was happening to him. He didn't really play with it but the Dr. liked the idea.

Also, how many moms waited til 3 and older to put their kids in a daycare/preschool even part time?

We started 2 day a week preschool when ds was 3y3m.

Did your DC have a lot of words in their vocabulary before you put them in a daycare/preschool setting?

Yep. His vocabulary is darn good (and always has been) just from talking to grown ups and being very interested in words. This year, unfortunately, he has discovered "potty language" from his peers. Grrr. Everything is "poopy."

Beth

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks Beth, DC hasn't been to the doctor since his 2 year wellness check, so I wasn't sure what to expect. :)

Yeah, I'm glad my DS is finally talking but sometimes, he wishes he would not learn words from his friends!

LOL:)

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

My DDs 3yo check up was just routine height/weight measurements, etc. She didn't get any shots. Her Ped. said the 4yo check up would have shots though I think. She thought the concept of wearing a paper dress was silly. ;)

My DD is currently 3 years 7 months and isn't enrolled in preschool. Not for any specific reason other than I didn't get my tush in gear and get her registered before the waiting lists were insanely long. I'm not worried about her academically or socially having issues with not being in preschool, so whenever she gets in, she gets in.

Jennifer
    Mommy to
    Miss Pure Energy 3/03
    Miss Antsy-Pants 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
    (100 posts & BBB member for 3 months req'd)
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/