FirstOneInMarch Guest

Default Need to organize!

My DD is almost 2 and I'm just now getting around to putting together her keepsakes/scrapbook! It's all been in a box until now. I am searching for something to keep the baby shower and contgratulations cards in. We have about 100 cards and I don't know how to store them. Is there a special box or something out there that anyone knows about?

Thanks!

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default RE: Need to organize!

I didn't do anything real special, just bought a photobox from Michaels with appropriate decor and stuck them all in that.

What my mom did with a select few of mine was paste them into my baby book/scrapbook.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

duvie is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default RE: Need to organize!

This sounds terrible, but I ended up selecting out about 40 cards and put them in a leather box that I got from Bed Bath and Beyond. Another idea would be to get a large, simple photo album (one with plain pages) and you could glue some cards in there and keep the others in a box. My mom did this with my baby cards and the album is still in good shape even after flipping through the cards lots of times!

I sorted through the most sentimental cards and saved those intact. Others I cut out sayings/messages from the sender and placed them in a photo album. If you save all of them, it might be overwhelming. We had cards from people at MIL' s work, etc. that we had never met. While extremely thoughtful, these were the ones that I felt okay about purging.

Good luck!

I take a peice of scrapbook cardstock (I scrapbook 12x12) and then make a pocket out of another peice and use my colored staples around the edges to make a pocket and put them in that. I then decorate the pocket with appropriate sticker and label it. I have one for shower cards, one for congrats cards, one for random stuff the first year (MD visit records and the info from them-love looking at the ones MIL saved from DH, dedication cards/certificate, x-mas cards etc) 1st b-day cards, 2nd year stuff, 2nd b-day cards. I also did a page where I captured a bunch of the hospital stuff-cards that came with flowers, our bands, a few flowers/ribbon from the bouquets, the card that was in the basinette etc. I did purge some of the shower cards and just kept the ones I loved (esp with DS, I had fewer with DD). It makes the books bulky but I love having them!

ETA I slip them into a page protector and add them to the albums where they belong.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)