umma2002 Guest

Default honda odyssey or toyota sienna?

trying to decide between the two. anyone here with a preference and why? Thanks!

wzly is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: honda odyssey or toyota sienna?

I love my Odyssey...With two-year-old twins and a six-year-old, it is the best! Plenty of space for everyone (including mom)!

I had a Volvo cross country until the twins came along and then swiched cars with my husband to his Mercury Mountaineer...It was just time for a min-van...The girls didn't have much room sitting three-in-a-row...

I have friends who have a Toyota SUV, but not the sienna.

We got a great end-of-the-model-year deal on the high-end Odyssey...And I like the color--sage brush with olive interior...

My husband and dad had hondas before...We've always had great luck with them...

Good Luck! :) Jen

Do a search in the baby bargains Lounge (go to advanced search and select). Tons of threads on this exact issue.
    Personally, we chose the Odyssey b/c deals were better on the features we wanted - ie side curtain airbags and other things come standard on the model we wanted (EX-L)
    Alaina
    Alex Feb '03
    and #2 in early summer '07

bj042499 Guest

We compared the Odyssey and Sienna last August and went with the Odyssey. The Odyssey had more standard feautures and better gas milage than the Sienna.

This may sound silly, but we really love that the factory installed DVD player in the Odyssey is controlled through the buttons for the stereo system (center of the dash board) as well as through a removable remote control. It's so easy to change a disk or skip tracks while driving instead of having to reach under the seat or stretch up and backwards to a ceiling mounted system, like that in the Sienna.

gina is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I don't have either but we are thinking of getting a sienna. I just recently found out there is a "sienna fan club" website. There are message boards on there. You could probably check it out and you might be able to search for some info or ask some questions. I think it is www.siennaclub.org

Gina

DD 15 yr Jade
    DD 12 mo - Happy First Birthday Olivia!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Dont know if it matters but the honda you can only use latch w/ carseats up to 40lbs the Toyota is 48lbs. You have to switch to a seat belt install w/ the car seats then. 8lbs is 1 1/2 to 2 yeaea in my house
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions