Thread: kumon?

Default kumon?

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea how good these are for 4-yr olds or are they still too young? DD likes doing worksheets that I print out at home. She is reading books with mostly 3 letter words now (she goes to a montessori) and can do simple addition, that type of thing. Do they do anything other than worksheets?

TIA.

-SP

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The Kumon workbooks that my four year old has are the ones on mazes, and she is crazy about them. We also have one on cutting skills.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Do you mean
    a) Kumon books you can buy say at at Barnes and Noble or
    b) Kumon classes that you enroll in and that you get homework from?
    We have done both for DS. a above when he was 3 and now that he is 4 he has been in Kumon for 1 month, for math.

Workbooks:
    We enjoyed them and still do, cutting, color, numbers, mazes, telling time.

Classes:
    DS is enrolled in math. They also have reading. He does worksheets, and puzzles at the classes, which are 2/week. His homework is worksheets, they take about 10 min/day. Initially they were drawing lines/curves/connect the dots. Now they are writing numbers. He does addition with us verbally and has been even before enrolling in Kumon. He's in daily preschool too and was already doing a lot of these things there too. I can post more if you have specific questions.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007