Dcclerk is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default $5 Back for Certain Ebay Purchases (like books, videos, etc.)

I just signed up for the program and bought the Signing Time 3 DVD/CD set. It saved me a little more on something I was going to buy anyway. Here is a cut-and-paste from the link...

Now here’s an offer worth entertaining! Make any book, movie, music item or video game purchase of $10 or more* on eBay and you'll get $5 cash back. Buying on eBay couldn’t be easier – or more rewarding.
    Here’s what you need to do to take advantage of this great offer.

This is the link... http://www.ebay.com/cashback/

These are the terms at the link...

Simply Register below with the email address associated with your Half.com/eBay account.
    Browse or Search within the Books, Movies, Music or Video Games Categories on eBay. Look for items where the seller accepts payment via PayPal.
    Buy one item of $10 or more of your choice between March 1, 2004 and March 31, 2004.
    Pay via PayPal (payment of item must be made with PayPal for qualification).

...Get $5 cash deposited into your PayPal Account!

Hope this helps someone!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: $5 Back for Certain Ebay Purchases (like books, videos, etc.)

Is this on the up-and-up, or is it another way to steal your account info?

The reason that I ask is because I haven't been able to find the page/link by going through the eBay site, which is often an indicator that something is a scam.

How did you find out about it, and do you know how to get to the page by going through www.ebay.com?

I hope it is valid, because it is a good deal!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Dcclerk is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I found out about it on another bargain site so I can offer no guarantees. However, I do know that eBay is trying to phase out Half.com and this is targeted at Half.com users. The terms also look just like a lawyer would have written them ;) http://www.ebay.com/cashback/terms.html Finally, because they only ask for an email address, but not a password, I felt comfortable. If you find anything against this, please let us know.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks! I signed up already for the $5 but didn't even think about buying the Signing Time DVD's with it - I was looking at them last weekend. I think buying them will be the plan this weekend!

ETA: I got the link in an email to me from [email protected], which is the "official" half.com address. I signed up and as far as I can tell it is totally legit. You be a Half.com member in good standing as of Feb 25, 2004 and must have made a previous Half.com purchase to qualify.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02