Default Costco one day pass?

Does costco ever give away one day passes? I know Sam's does on occasion. I am not a costco memeber and the closest is an hour away but wanted to make one trip for some christmas gifts.
    Thanks!
    Miranda

Default RE: Costco one day pass?

Yes, they will give a one day pass, but I think they used to increase the price of everything by 5% if you are a visitor and not a member. They may still do that, I'm not sure. I would call first and ask if that is still the case.

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What my costco does is to give a one day pass, but you can only look and NOT buy! I guess maybe it varies by location. Do you know anyone who is a member who might not mind going along with you? I know its an hour away, but do you know anyone in that town or anyone who wouldnt mind a nice drive from your town?

Robyn

I just called Costco last week to see if they had one day passes and I was told that all I could do was look. Sam's gives a one day pass and adds 5% onto your total but it is still worth it. I have a Sams membership and don't really want to pay for a Costco one...I guess I will just have to wait and go with my SIL.

Peg

sdbc Guest

I *think* if a member buys you a giftcard, you can go and shop. Maybe your SIL can buy one for you?

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

thanks everyone! I have heard they are building on in my town so it may be worth it to get the membership and shop for chrsitmas at the one further away. sounds like they ahve tons of good deals on toys! i can get her a kitchen and train table for the normal price of one of them!
    thanks!
    Miranda

Lovingliv is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You can get a preview pass....that will allow you to look but not shop! If you know someone who is a member you can go with them...but you can not use a personal check! HTH

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Not sure if you have any prescriptions that you take in your family, but you don't need a membership to use the pharmacy. That's how we got started w/ Costco. My doggie needs meds and Costco's prices are significantly cheaper than anyone else's. We would go in to use the pharmacy and then walk around and look at what else they sold. We couldn't BUY anything without a membership, but we did get to look around and eventually joined.

I've also heard the gift card tip. If you know someone, I'd have them ask if people can use a gift card without a regular membership, and if so, have your sister or another member buy you a gift card to use.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010