Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    danagee is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Best price on Halloween candy?

Does anyone know of a place that traditionally has the best price on big bags of Halloween candy?
    Different places have sales as we get closer to the 31st but I've never actually pulled out the calculator to see which has the best price - has anyone done this?
    Dana

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Best price on Halloween candy?

I've never actually gotten a calculator out, but the prices at Walmart seem to beat most places. Of course stores will have sales and may beat Walmart, but their prices are always good. I think they are even cheaper than the big bags of candy that Costco has.

We haven't done candy for two years because I found the best deal is to buy the boxes of individual bags of Famous Amos cookies at Costco. You get 42 bags for under $10.00. The kids think it's great because it's this nice bag of cookies instead of those little candy bars. I figure after I give each kid 3 or 4 pieces of those little candies, I'm coming out better with the cookies.

sdbc Guest

What a great idea! Are they really that cheap at Costco? I'll have to check it out. Not that I should be eating any of it, but I'd rather eat the leftover cookies than candy. :)
    Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We stopped doing candy 2 years ago...we get too many kids here (usually well over 100) and they look at us like we're cheap if we only give one little bar! LOL We have been giving mini-bags of microwave popcorn. The kids seem excited to get something different, they can pop them whenever they want, and they are about $6.88 for 40 bags.
    Traci
    ~Mom to DS 02/2004~
    Hoping, waiting...

neeter is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Great idea on the popcorn and the cookies! Where do you get the popcorn for $6.88?

Thanks!

I just saw it at Sam's Club, the price sounds right.

I bought mini bags of teddy grahams and oreos - they are pretty tiny but we'll probably just give 1 - maybe 2. They were 10 cents each (18 in a bag for 1.88) I could maybe find them cheaper but I felt that was reasonable and we'll certainly use them for snacks after Halloween if we have left overs.
    Michelle

c914 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default CVS has M&M/Mars snack size 2 bags for $2.99

and there was a coupon in the Sunday paper this last week for $ 1.00 of 2 bags

I'm giving out stickers too that I picked up on halloween clearance last year. Another idea - a friend of mine orders small toys (rings, squirters, etc) from Oriental Trading for trick-or-treat.

Carla

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There are some great ideas in this post!

As far as candy goes, Walgreens has 2/$3 this week. With the $1 off coupons, that's a pretty good deal.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast