nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Dr. Seuss Postage Stamp--Framing question

I just ran across these today at the Post office, as a page of 20, with a white border, wtih Dr. Seuss and four fish across the top,and one fish at the right bottom corner. It is about 7 1/2 inches by 8 inches. I think this ends up being an interesting piece for $7.40.

http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/po...sp?OID=4848950

I think they would look nice framed for the baby's room. I am thinking about a simple mat/frame to fit. Has anyone framed a page of stamps before? Any suggestions/pointers?

(I have had "rare" stamps framed individually, by museum quality framing folks, but don't see the need for this level of framing for this project.)

Thanks,
    Nupe

jhaud Guest

Default RE: Dr. Seuss Postage Stamp--Framing question

I painted Dr Seuss scenes throughout my dd's room (she was un-cooperative during ultrasound and so needed a unisex theme)... anyways, the shower my family had for me was a Seuss theme. One of the gifts was a framed page of that stamp!

I just went to get it from dd's room and took it apart. the page of stamps is on top of a solid sheet of burgandy card stock. it is in a square frame... maybe 10" x 10" the frame still has sticker on back and it looks like it is part of the martha stuart collection from kmart. so, i think you could do a nice job at home with just a sheet of cardstock (scrapbooking supply)

jennifer

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Dear Jennifer:

Great idea. Thanks! That sounds a lot easier than getting a mat cut. What color is the frame?

Thanks,
    Nupe

jhaud Guest

it is a really, really dark reddish brown, but i think black would also look nice. for the cardstock you could go with almost any color, just take the stamps with you to pick it out, and you could match whatever room you wanted... i'm glad i looked at it, as i may change out the color now that i know!!

jennifer